Thursday, May 6, 2010

Happy #200!

Dear Blog,

Happy 200th Birthday! I know you probably don't feel that old, but you are! This marks the 200th post on your fair wall. Crazy, but true. In human years, you're not even three, but the age of humans differs greatly from the age of Blogs.

Much has occurred since your birth in September 2007, and you are a lucky Blog indeed because so many of those changes and events have been detailed right here with you. At your birth, I was living in Bleak House with one roommate and a wall full of mice (didn't know that at the time...); today I'm living life solo in my very own condo, and heartily optimistic there aren't any rodents sharing the living space.

Would you mind if we wandered Memory Lane just a little bit longer? I promise just a small sampling. But in your 200 posts there are some favorites I feel to point out.
  • My thoughts on Facebook were noted more than once. First in Welcome to the Book, and again in What if I don't want to be your friend?
  • I dated three different men. One ended with a "meh," another with a "Jerk" and the last with a giant sob. My Mind is a Scary Place and Message I Need Today are definite faves in the relationship category.
  • I traveled all over and used your writing space as a travel journal to detail a Forks roadtrip, O Canada!, two trips to New York, the food bonanza of San Francisco, Disneyland Disneyland Disneyland, and I'm sure many others.
  • I started writing with you as a lowly 3rd year teaching. Now I'm finishing up year #5 as a National Board candidate, District trainer for Primary Sources, and Board Member of the U.C.S.S. (pretty much all thanks to Pam, btw)
  • I ran and ran and ran.
  • Remember my rant against LDS Fiction?!
  • And the time I defended text messaging?
There have been some good times, I must say. You have been a near and dear friend, and have given me opportunity to ponder and meditate more than I usually would on different events in life. Even the fact that you're turning 200 with this post has given me pause to reflect on the past three years of my life. And I am so grateful for all the amazing experiences I've had--those written here and those kept a bit closer to the heart.

I can't deny that on your very first birthday (when I dubbed myself Felicity with the romantic idea of being anonymous and keeping you all to myself) I couldn't have begun to imagine myself where I am in 2010. But here I am, and I hope I'm the better for it.

Life is really grand, you know. And I am grateful and happy that I have you, my dear little Blog, to help me remember that fact as together we keep track of life's ups and downs.

Here's to another terrific 200 together!
*me*

P.S. Do you think this would justify eating cake?

2 comments:

Allie Osborn said...

Ummmm.... I think any event of significance justifies consuming cake. Where would we be without cake? No celebrations, no happiness. *sigh*

Unknown said...

Tara you KILL me!! Brownies for everyone!!

 
Header PS Brush by pinkonhead.com