Thursday, May 13, 2010

Catching Up with Myself

As an admitted Accomplishment Junkie, the past month has been AWESOME. Talk about a natural high! I have been able to check #8, #10, and #25 off the List o' 27. And I think it necessary at this point to report in on the awesomeness all that involved.

I checked off #25, Go Green, about a month ago. I purchased 5 reusable shopping bags from a local grocery store and started taking them each time I shop. The main problem with these bags--as Word on the Street would suggest--is that people just forget to take them into the store. In an attempt to combat this, I put the bags in my car; when I empty the bags at home I have to immediately put them back in the car before I can be Done. Workin' like a charm and I feel like a Go Green Pro. Captain Planet would be proud.


Happy Dance! National Boards are DONE!

On Friday, I took the National Board exam. The portfolio was finished up and mailed off about a month ago and only the test was left. So after 3 long hours, answering 6 exercises with 2-4 prompts each...I am finally DONE. Yes! Yes!!! YES!!!!!!!!! I won't find out the results until November, but right now...its done. I'm crossing off #10 with great flourish and topping it off with a bowl of frozen yogurt. Because, really, finishing National Boards is treat-worthy.

This is what finishers look like! Me and Catie after the 10K/5K in Ptown in April.

Goal #8 was to run a race--a 10K, a half marathon, or even a Ragner Relay. I have not given up hope of tackling a Ragner sometime, but nothing's on the board right now. However, in April I ran the 10K for the Boys & Girls Club down in Provo, and a few weeks after that I returned to Utah County to tackle the Provo City Half Marathon. The latter proved to be the wettest, coldest, most miserable 13.1 miles I ever hope to run. It wasn't fun--but I did it! No pictures of that "blessed" event because of the weather...and because my fingers were so numb after that I couldn't even get my hand into my pocket for the car key--forget working the zipper on my camera case!

All in all, life has been crazy and fun. There are fifteen days of school left and I am eagerly awaiting the onset of warm weather (Come on Utah--get it together!!) and time to CHILLAX. Woohoo!!

2 comments:

*Aliese* said...

Impressive! We keep our grocery sacks in the car as well...It's much easier to remember them. :)

Anna said...

You're a rockstar. Seriously I was telling Joe after we saw you Saturday how you've got it so together with you life. Way to be.

 
Header PS Brush by pinkonhead.com