Friday, February 19, 2010

27 in my 27th

My birthday is upcoming. Really really soon upcoming. And while I'm rather disturbed that I can no longer claim "mid-twenties" with any degree of honesty, I'm also excited at the prospects of a new year. My "odd" years of life have proven to be the most adventurous thus far, so I think 27 is bound to be brilliant.

To help the year achieve a level of awesomeness rarely seen in the world today, I borrowed an idea from Emma and set 27 goals for my 27th year.

1. Take a road trip

2. Reach my weight goal

3. Go camping

4. Make a new friend

5. Finish the quilt I started last year

6. Buy a house

7. Lose a bad habit

8. Run a race--10K, half marathon or Ragner Relay

9. Do something entirely new to me

10. Finish the National Boards process

11. Get a massage

12. Enjoy a mutually desirable kiss

13. Visit all the temples in Utah I have not yet been to

14. Do something that scares me

15. Read Jesus the Christ

16. Give someone a nickname that sticks

17. Go to a U of U football game

18. Do something spontaneous

19. Take a class unrelated to teaching

20. Visit a historical site

21. Fall in love with a new band

22. Engage in a significant service to another

23. Watch a sunrise or sunset with somebody I love

24. Send thank-you cards

25. Go "Green"

26. Practice civic responsibility in a tangible way

27. Do something that makes me feel like a kid again

I feel like the proper way to end this post would be some profound and life-changing statement of hope and determination. But that's not really me. Instead, I'll stick with the silly--yet appropriate--thing I'm really thinking:

Get excited--It's gonna be Big.

3 comments:

Anna said...

Happy Birthday (a week from today). Joe's is tomorrow. I'm excited for your goals. For #11 try UCMT on a day when they have a 2 for 1, it's so cheap, you take a friend and it costs you each $12.50. Also I'm not sure if you knew, but Jesus the Christ is available on LDS.org in audio book format. Might make achieving that goal a little easier.

Hope 27 is your best year yet :)

pammysua said...

I'm changing one of your goals, Tara O. #10 is going to be PASS National Boards. Just finished your entry #3 and it is one of the best I've read (and I've read a few!). If your others are as good as this one--you're in. We are officially not supposed to say that we think you'll pass or not but I'll bet you a chocolate donut (goal #2 withstanding) that we'll be celebrating in November!

Allie Osborn said...

How about for goal #16, you give someTHING a name that sticks? I need a good nickname for my car. If I like it, it will stick, trust me. Got any good ideas? :)

 
Header PS Brush by pinkonhead.com