Friday, February 12, 2010

Sweet Justice

I had a substitute teacher take my classes yesterday while I judged the State "We the People" contest at the University of Utah. Upon returning this morning, I was dismayed to learn one of my class periods was "awful" and constantly disruptive despite numerous warnings from the sub.

Punishment was swift and severe.

Instead of the study hall day we had planned, the naughty class took a test. The subject of the video they were to have watched yesterday was "Benjamin Franklin: Citizen of the World." The disruptive students were assigned a 2-page essay test in which to detail all they know about Mr. Franklin's life.

Students who were on task and quietly watched yesterday's video as instructed had this test:


Color Benjamin Franklin

All in all, I think justice has been served, don't you? [Insert evil laugh]


7 comments:

Julie said...

You are an awesome teacher.

Becky Knowles said...

I, for one, wish all tests in life were coloring pages. Nicely done.

*Aliese* said...

That is fabulously awesome. I also have to say that I bought Pride and Prejudice and Zombies from the book order this month and am anxious to read it.

Arianne said...

Too funny. I like it.

Elisa said...

I've been meaning to tell you: I love this.

j. said...

three minutes ago i didn't think it was possible for you to be more awesome--like scientifically impossible--but then i read this. i was wrong. you are so much more awesome than i thought.

Ryan & Michelle said...

That is awesome! Truly brilliant idea. I just wish that I could have seen a worried "bad class" kid ask another "nice class" kid what the test was like and have the NCK tell tell him "all we did was color" and then see the face of the BCK when an actual test was placed in front of him!
Speaking of history I don't know if you have watched HBO's John Adams, but it is truly amazing!!! You should watch it if you haven't seen it - did you know that John Adams was the defense attorney for the British soldiers of the Boston Massacre? It's awesome - totally awesome!!

 
Header PS Brush by pinkonhead.com