I know I digress from a report of Spring Break festivities, but as a good portion of Spring Break was spent planning, executing, and fondly remembering the Forks Roadtrip, I feel I can get away with saying something about the Twilight series. I love them. What can I say? The story is compelling and definitely entertaining. Are the books destined to be classics? Not on your life. But if you're looking for a story to suck you in and make you fall in love with the character? Dig in to Twilight my friends. Do it. Really.
Anyway...
Spring Break also let me achieve one of my longtime goals--CANADA! Since 2004, I've labeled the nation to the North as "My Favorite Place I've Never Been." I always thought that was a funny title...But now I've been! I loved Canada. We ate sushi at an awesome joint called Sabushen. We wandered the downtown Vancouver area, and reveled in the beauty of Stanley Park. I know I've only been to Vancouver thus far, but--thus far--I love Canada! (Even if they did search our car on the way back...)A run-down of other Spring Break highlights:
- Flat Katie and 3D Katie...both delightful and fun
- Introducing Scott, Elisa, and Katie to the joy that is Pizookie
- Indian food at the Clay Pit
- Telling the zebra joke over and over and laughing until we cried
- Jamba Juice and all that entails
- Elisa's dad telling me about running "like a gazelle being chased by a cheetah"
- Pilchuck's
- The 2 B's
- "Do you like beer?"
- Singing along to High School Musical
- Text messaging with friends back home
- The ferry
- Janey the GPS
- Elisa's amazing bed she gave up for me...best sleep EVER
- "Schmear..."
- Starbucks Double Chocolatey Chip Frappacino
- Good chats at the Playground
- Antique shopping in Snowhomish
- Walking around Green Lake
- Watching The Lizzie Maguire Movie with a cynical attitude
- Modern Mex with a Somewhat Attractive server
- Walking the loop near Pike's Place and ending up RIGHT at our car
Thanks to Elisa for hosting an AWESOME vacation! And thanks to all my new friends in Washington for helping to make it the best Spring Break EVER.

7 comments:
I am jealous. What is the zebra joke?
Wow. They must really love you in Canada! I've heard you're only allowed to call them Canasians if you're one of them! I am completely jealous because I too, love the Seattle area. Canada isn't my FAVORITE place I've never been, but it's probably in my top ten. Oh! And I have to share that for a bridal shower gift, I totally got Pizookie pans and the recipe for...Oh crap...Don't remember the restaurant...But anyway, I felt pretty special and now I make them constantly...With home-made ice cream. Yumm-O!
Aw, reading this made me want to be there. I love that place, the whole northwest, really. I want to go to Vancouver again. I love my Canadia. *sigh*
I'm glad you had a good Spring Break!
I love the Forks sweatshirts. My whole office is full of Twilight fans, so we're all actually pretty excited for you. What do the Forks townspepole think about Stephenie Meyer's books? That's gotta be a crazy boost in tourism...
Also, the guy who wrote the original "Women, Time to Settle" post has declared after seeing my counterblog post (presumably - I wouldn't be surprised if he never read it) that I "didn't get it... but [I] will someday." And that's his whole response. Cop-out! (He also wrote a new post that says since it's his blog, he can say whatever he wants and he's right, and everyone else is wrong. I'm not reading it anymore.)
Have I told you before that I'm jealous? I wish I could go to Seattle. That is one place where I definitely want to go.
Wow. Did we do all that?
Just a few notes:
-I am glad you had a fun trip!
-We need to have a talk about this Twilight thing
-I am jealous you watched the Lizzie Maguire movie. I have been wanting to watch it recently, but I happened to marry a husband with an attitude (which can be good and bad)
-In order to entice you to some warmer weather I must once again state that we own High School Musical Sing it for our Wii. Good times await:)
Post a Comment