I happened upon this delightful little blog with a fantastically easy recipe for Scones. I noticed the recipe right off because as I scanned through the necessary ingredients, I realized I had all of them but one already at home. YAY! As I had nothing to do Wednesday night, a plan was born. The plan, as daring as it might seem to the untrained mind, involved me…in the kitchen…making scones. (Its so crazy it just might work!) And work it did!! My scones were delicious and I’m so pleased over the entire affair. Fantastic!! I don’t like raisins (if you linked to the recipe and noticed the need for raisins…) so I used Orange Cranberries instead. Tasty, indeed.In between making scones and reveling in their deliciousness, I also activated my new cell phone. The funny thing with this phone is that I've actually downgraded on the phone scale. This one, a Samsung…something or other, is really a basic model. My last phone, an LG, had an MP3 player and all sorts of fancy features. But after dealing with my craptastic “fancy model” for 18 months, I’m happy to tote around the basic model with only 8 boring ringtones. The great test for me is the battery life. My other phone could hold a charge, during a phone conversation, for about 5 minutes TOPS. After that, the phone would die and I’d have to rush off to a charger. So far this little beauty’s been going strong…
As this is a Blog devoted to The Random, here’s some Randomness for you. Tuesday afternoon I received a package in the mail from a Katrina Hess who hails from South Riding, VA. Inside the package was a book entitled, The Ordinary Princess by M.M. Kaye, and nothing else. No note. No receipt. Nothing. I am completely at a loss to explain this mysterious package. Who is Ms. Hess? Why did she send me a book AND how does she know my name/address? What type of person mails off a book like this with no explanation? Maybe she just needs friends? Or is this a case of mistaken identity? Is this a cruel joke? Should I be worried?
Any help my fine readers would like to offer would be just delightful. At this point my only idea is to send a thank you note.

8 comments:
read the book! maybe there are clues encoded in it. you are so lucky!
I am so sorry. Katrina Hess is my personal assistant. I wanted you to have the book because I have a deep connection to it, and I am really starting to feel a connection with you. Enjoy. Call me...
I really need a job
Well, John, I'd love to call. I'm just having difficulty procuring your number...
I could be doing the math wrong, or you know something that I don't. Which is more probable. But I am counting this to be you 59th blog not 61st.
Maybe she heard you were quite the editor and would like your input on said book that she's written under a pen name! Boy, wouldn't that be exciting? You could be a world-known editor! You could make hundreds of thousands of dollars editing books and then just do teaching on the side because you love emparting wisdom to children.
I think that she is a friend with your secret admirer and this a clue to find out who he is.
Have you read the book yet? I love it - one of my long time favorites! (I didn't send it, but if JS did, he might really be a keeper!)
Post a Comment