In order to prove the theory in the most non-scientific way possible, The List* was created. Originally created in "no particular order," it appears here in...no particular order. Except for a few that were, in fact, put in that order. Particularly.
The creators of The List would also like to offer this disclaimer before you read any further:
The creators of The List do not hope to suggest in any way, shape, or form, that the following attractive men hailing from the British Isles always appear this attractive. There have been moments** and roles that have shown them in a much more negative light. The creators simply feel these men have earned their place rightfully on The List at one time or another...and in some cases over and over again. Thank you, and please Enjoy.
So, with no further adieu, we now present...The List.

It should be no surprise that Mr. James McAvoy tops the list. He has been a particular favorite of this Blogger for quite some time. Regular readers of Felicity should be well aware of that by this point.

Daniel Radcliffe earned his place with the other Beautiful Brits mostly because of this image. At least one of The List's creators used this image as her computer desktop for months...

Jude Law is a constant in the world of attractive British men. The vast majority of women (and some men...) answered "Jude Law" when asked which British man was most attractive. And really? Look at that picture!! What is not to love?!

He doesn't seem to be as well known as other Brits, but Clive Owen is beautiful to look at. This fact is proven by looking at him.

Perhaps one of the more controversial inclusions on The List, but Orlando Bloom has generally come through more often than not on the Beautiful scale. Though not devastatingly good looking, he still cuts a dashing figure.

Hugh Grant is one of the best British romantic leads out there. And when one considers his amazing jeans in About a Boy, there was never any question Hugh would be here.

Did you really doubt Pierce Brosnan would be included? Really any man who takes on the role of James Bond is going to be here. (Like the foreshadowing? We try...)

We had to use a picture of Mr. Darcy when talking about Collin Firth. Without his role in Pride & Prejudice (with bonus points due to Bridget Jones' Diary)he might never have even been considered. And that's a shame, because he's beautiful.

Speaking of men named Collin, Collin Farrell is the beautiful bad boy type we all love. There was really never a doubt he belongs on The List.

Jonathan Rhys Meyers. There’s something about his adorable Irish brogue and piercing blue eyes that makes you want to say “Buy me a pint and you can look at me forever.”

He makes an adorable hobbit, but he's even better in television's Lost. Whatever role you enjoy him in, Dominic Monaghan is pretty to look at.

The List's creators were downright gleeful when they realized/remembered that Christian Bale is originally from the British Isles. What is NOT to love about him? From Cowboy (ah, Newsies...) to Batman, Mr. Bale is a HOTTIE. Not gonna lie.

We are well aware that Mr. Sean Connery is getting on in years. But isn't that an even better testimony of his beauty? He maybe be old, but he's still got it...whatever it is.

Love him. Love everything about him. Ewan McGregor is delicious. 'nuff said.

Yummy. Daniel Craig is absolutely fantastic. Another of the 007's, Daniel Craig might be the best James Bond ever. At least he's the nicest to look at...
So there you have it. Perhaps readers will find it incomplete at this point, but feel free to suggest additions. Or quit being so controlling and just scroll through the pictures one more time! What's not to love?!
*Being busy public school teachers, and considering it was their list to begin with, the creator's felt no need to compile a list/pictures of any of the ugly or average.
**For a particularly heinous/hilarious view of Jude Law, for example, click here

10 comments:
I personally think you should also add David Beckham... :)
And what a fantastic list it is! As if their accents weren't enough, they are all lovely to look at.
"American girls would seriously dig me with my cute British accent."
"You haven't got a cute British accent."
"Yes I do!"
And we do indeed dig them.
The pictures plus the hot accent...nice.
I agree with Sean, and am almost completely surprised that neither of the princes made the list. Granted, they're not in movies, but come on!
Is this an actor only list?
With all these comments (and no, its not an actors-only list), we'll obviously need to make additions. Any more suggestions?
I like the idea of Beckham (have you SEEN his Disney Prince pictures?!?) and Their Royal Highnesses making the List too...
I completely agree with most of the List (DROOL!) but I have to say, Jude Law is pretty hit-and-miss for me. "The Holiday"? Abso-freaking-lutely. Real life? Not so much.
I want to start commenting on each of them, but I'll be here all day if I do... !!!
I heard this guy was British. I don't know for sure, but if so, he has a leg up on the list competition.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvxc8S5ybS4
Nice!! I think that all of these guys are worthy of being on The List!
so I was going to put down that ____ was my favorite, but by the time I got to the end of the post I had too may favorites. There are so many reasons to love the Brits. Tony Blair was my political crush for the longest time---not really good looking, but hilarious in parliament.
Post a Comment