Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The Forbidden Fruit was probably Wild Mushroom Bisque from Zupas


I could really go for a little Hostess goodness right now--a Ding dong, or a cupcake, or a Twinkie even. It just sounds SO good. The problem with treats is that I always feel a degree of guilt for eating something so full of calories. But they’re just so good!!

Speaking of good things, last night I took Twitty through the car wash (Technically, Twitty took me through it…) Twitty was covered in winter road slime due to driving through the canyons Sunday morning after the snowstorm. I love the car wash! Its so fun to watch the spinning brushes and stuff. The soap smelled like bubblegum. But why? I can’t figure out why it would be important to add scent to soap for cars. Are they going to enjoy it? Does the company expect letters from happy cars?
“Thanks Car Wash Soap Company for your fantastic product! I enjoy the streak free shine your product brings about on my paint job. And let me add that I’m especially fond of the lovely Bubble Gum smell! What a nice feature!”
…Really?

Speaking of last night, I went out to dinner with Chelsea after Institute. She’s a professional and always dresses really nice. I, too, am a professional (I’ve mentioned that fact two times in the last three posts…go figure) but my professional day ends around 4:00 or 4:30, so I change clothes before going out for the evening. I may be 25, but I usually dress like I’m 18--at most. Last night Chelsea was lookin’ HOT in a skirt, blouse, heels and even fishnet stockings; I was wearing jeans, skater shoes, and a T-shirt that says, “Movies: Ruining the Book Since 1920.” It was awesome.

Speaking of clothes, I hate the fads these days, but I can’t say that the fads of my elementary/middle school years were any better. Fads I lived through, and often enjoyed?
  • Leggings with big baggy sweaters
  • Pogs
  • Scrunchees
  • Jelly Shoes
  • M.C. Hammer pants (WHAT WERE WE THINKING?!)
  • Matching knit sets—especially the ones with biker-esque shorts under a mini-skirt.
  • Wearing different colored socks layered on top of each other. The left one going red, blue; the right one going blue, red.
  • Tying the corner of my t-shirt into a knot
  • The Utah Bang (which, I’m embarrassed to admit, I wore through 2001! WHAT WAS I THINKING!)

Speaking of knots, I love those cinnamon donuts that are twisted into a knot. I love chocolate donuts with chocolate frosting--especially Dunford Donuts. If you gave me a donut I would love you...and probably hate myself a little. So many calories, but just so good!!

4 comments:

Charisse Baxter said...

Love the T-shirt (I love movies, too, but I appreciate the sentiment even more)! And your list of fads is truly cringeworthy... I've got to admit to a wardrobe of the same. (I did not, however, keep the Bang THAT long!)
How about some of the mini powdered donuts to go with your Twinkie? (Yum.)

Anonymous said...

Now I'm hungry...

Meredith said...

I have to agree with Arianne...I'm hungry too!

Unknown said...

Wow, what a list. I think I practiced all of those faux-pas.

 
Header PS Brush by pinkonhead.com