Cialis commercials crack me up. Is that sick? Maybe. But it’s true. Its really just that “lasting longer than four hours” warning at the end. I know that could be dangerous, and would obviously make for an awkward ER visit…but its hilarious on a commercial. I don’t turn off the TV, change the channel, or drown out the awkwardness when the commercials come on—even if there are men in the room with me. Rather, I watch in rapt attention and laugh my head off. I once watched a Cialis commercial with my dad. We’d been talking over the commercials until that point. The Cialis commercial came on, we both watched silently, and then we both burst out laughing. I love my dad.

I think we should celebrate something every day. (My BFF’s blog helps this out. Check it out and celebrate.) Today I’m wearing loads of green, and I hope to have a corned beef sandwich for dinner tonight. Yum! Tomorrow is Oatmeal Cookie Day, and I think I’m going to drop by Cold Stone for some Oatmeal cookie dough ice cream. Have you tried it yet?! Deliciousness you can eat with a spoon. Obviously, it’s especially nice to celebrate something every day if that celebration allows one to eat something fantastic.
Running makes me happy. I prefer road running, but the cold temperatures of Utah make that difficult for a good part of the year. And so I run at the gym. I run to my “Run Run Run” mix (such a witty title, don’t you think?) and I find myself grinning through most of my workout. Part of my happiness comes from the sheer joy of running, and the other part comes from my inner monologue about the other people at the gym. A recent favorite has been The Sunflower Lady who walks (with completely random, very short bursts of running that suggest she may have just tripped and is trying to cover it up with a short jog) up on the track a couple times a week. She always wears sunglasses and a denim hat with a big sunflower on it. Granted, this is a fashion faux pas no matter where or what time you wear it, but it’s especially puzzling at 5:30 am inside the gym. Suffice it to say, her presence makes me laugh.
I've started a countdown to the last day of school. I downloaded a widget to my computer and today its informing me we have about 79 days (total...not just school days!) until school lets out. WOOT!! Now I just have to plan my summer vacations. I'm thinking some Eastern USA touring and as many road trips as I can afford. 79 days...and counting.
I like grapes.

4 comments:
I think we're down to 67 days...I have also started the counting down!
Run, Run, Run... very witty! Speaking of witty titles, "Stuff and Things" might be the opposite. I know it is exactly what the blog is about, but a quality blog like this one deserves a quality witty title. Maybe a blog soliciting reader feedback would be a good way to start. Your thoughts?
This may be slightly inappropriate, but your gym story reminded me that today I walked into the locker room to be confronted by a pudgy naked man straddling a bench. Not fun.
Okay for the record...Greg's comment almost made me pee! I cannot believe that you still like the smell of coffee! Much to my dismay, my coworkers also have a coffee maker that brews every morning and I SMELL every morning. Makes me want to puke. Also, your gym story reminds me of Granmda Peck. Totally her.
Post a Comment