In April, I began the journey to accomplish goal #15 Read Jesus the Christ by James E. Talmage from the 27 in 27 list. It is a really long book, and definitely not one I could have sat down and read as the only book on my Reading List. Instead, I made it part of my daily scripture study--reading 10 or 15 minutes a day. And not even every day, to be honest. It took me 7 months, but it was absolutely worth it. This book is amazing.
I learned so much about the Savior's life and I feel I came to know Him a lot better. And really, that's what we're supposed to be doing, right? Learning about Him so we can become like Him. I know some people might be off-put by some of the highly intellectual language in the book--words like "tinctured" and "erstwhile" and "interdicted"--but really, you'll make it through.
I'm glad I made this one of my goals, and I'm really happy I'm able to cross it off the list. Its definitely one of the most spiritually fulfilling things I've done this year.
**Let it also be noted that my bookmark for the entire 7 months was a Spiderman stick-on tattoo. Does that mean something? You tell me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Great book. After reading the missionary library on my mission I thought the other ones didn't even compare. Why all the extras? Although I also liked Our Search for Happiness. A much easier read, too.
I remember when I read this on my mission. After about the first chapter, once I got used to the (highly intellectual) language, I couldn't stay away from it. LOVED it - it changed my outlook on just about everything. Thanks for the reminder!
Post a Comment