Thursday, November 25, 2010

Gratitude Week: Thanksgiving Day!

In honor of Thanksgiving, I will be Blogging each day this week about those things I feel most grateful for this year. Fair warning--they're bound to range from the inspiring to the mundane. But such is life, no?
I'm composing this Blog post from the comfort of my couch, Esteban. I'm cozy in pajamas and I know the warmth and happiness of bedtime is just around the corner. I'm looking forward to bedtime because I am all tuckered out with the games, visiting, and other Thanksgiving festivities. And I'm also really, really FULL. My belly is tight with turkey, stuffing, rolls, mint slush, cranberry fluff salad, and multiple slices of pie. In this situation, its hard to settle on just one thing to write about in a post on gratitude. But then I realize that I'm literally "settled on" the perfect topic.

Tonight I am grateful for my home and everything inside it--including Esteban the Couch. Three bedrooms, a ginormous walk-in closet, two bathrooms, plenty of storage, and a lovely living room/kitchen space make up my little house. And I love my little house. I'm so grateful that all the pieces fell into place this past Spring, allowing me to become the homeowner of this merry pad.

I'm grateful that just over a year ago I decided to grow up a bit and purchase a wonderful bed and an heavenly mattress set. Its the centerpiece of my bedroom and it makes bedtime one of my favorite parts of the entire day.

I'm grateful that my foray into furniture shopping this autumn was so successful. I left Furniture Row the new owner of not only the coziest couch this side of the Mississippi, but also a chair that perfectly matches my home interior and is comfy to boot! (For those of you wondering about the coziest couch on the other side of the River, it can be found in a 3rd floor apartment on Broadway in the Washington Heights neighborhood of New York City.)

I'm grateful that being inside my house gives me a peaceful, happy feeling. A feeling that makes me look forward--everyday--to going home. That's what we all deserve, really. So on this Thanksgiving Night, safe and happy and warm in my lovely little home, I'm feeling truly grateful.

Photo by Me

2 comments:

RSP said...

While I'm sure your couch is wonderful, you've never had the pleasure of trying out our down, microfiber, larger than life sectional that Tyson tries to start fights with me so I'll make him sleep there- and when I'm out of town, he sleeps there just for fun. Just saying.

Elisa said...

Your place is fabulous.

 
Header PS Brush by pinkonhead.com