
Today I'm grateful for my job. Perhaps I'm feeling so grateful because there's no work until Monday and its payday, but be that as it may I am grateful for steady employment.
I've been teaching history for going on six years now. Despite the occasional "craptacular" day, I really enjoy my job. I appreciate that its different every day--a new topic to teach with a new lesson plan. And since you're dealing with the constantly changing teenage psyche, its usually an adventure.
I appreciate that I have amazing students this year who make me laugh and keep me on my toes.
I appreciate my awesome co-workers. I've made some lasting friendships with other teachers at my school.
I appreciate colleagues who encourage me to tackle crazy things like National Boards (I passed!), Gilder Lehrman seminars, and even new positions that will stretch me in ways I never considered.
I also appreciate having a second teaching position once a week with an entirely different set of learners. The extra pay is nice, and working with an older group of students is kind of refreshing. Plus I can get away with watching the Spot Collins classic, Newsies, for class by tying it into our study of Labor Unions. Woohoo!
As one who loves to be productive, I appreciate having a job and a place to work each day. And I'm really grateful my job is fun and rewarding to boot! On this Thanksgiving Eve, pondering how this job allows me holidays, weekends, and other large chunks of time OFF work...I'm even more grateful. So thinking of my awesome job, tonight I am truly thankful.
Photo from dorisday.net

0 comments:
Post a Comment