Friday, November 26, 2010

Gratitude Week: Friday

In honor of Thanksgiving, I will be Blogging each day this week about those things I feel most grateful for this year. Fair warning--they're bound to range from the inspiring to the mundane. But such is life, no?
Today I'm grateful for music. I may or may not have just engaged in a short solo Kitchen Dance to my current Pandora Station. And that may or may not have been the reason for my great feelings of gratitude today.

I love music. I love making music, listening to music, dancing to music, and sometimes even pretending to compose music. Yes, pretending. I am NEVER successful so its more like an imaginative game.

I have eclectic music tastes and most artists and genres will pass muster with me. I love songs with a good beat that I can dance or run to. I love songs with great lyrics that move me and make me thing. I love music with no lyrics at all.

I appreciate that I have some musical ability to sing and play music. And I appreciate that I can recognize rhythm.

I am grateful that we live in a world with so many types of music, because really life without music would be sad indeed. No soundtracks to backup your movies or your life. No tunes to wake you up in the morning. Nothing to car dance to in the middle of a traffic jam. No beautiful hymns to join in with during Church services. No happiness, I'm sure.

I love music. I'm grateful for music. And, if you don't mind, I think I'll jump back in with some more kitchen dancing since this is wrapping up pretty quick. Having music in my life--for that I am truly grateful.

Click here for one of my favorites to dance to!

Photo from howstuffworks.com

0 comments:

 
Header PS Brush by pinkonhead.com