Today I'm grateful for warm things. Its blustery, blizzardy snowy-ness outside. And the temps are bitter cold. The very idea of having to go out in it tomorrow to drive to work is disgusting. With an attitude of gratitude, though, I can say I'm honestly grateful for all the warmth I'm surrounded by right now.I'm grateful for sweatshirts. Hoodies are amazing. I'm wearing two.
I'm grateful for hot chocolate. I like to boil the water on the stove so its uber-hot, thus allowing me to warm my hands for minutes on end around the toasty cup.
I'm grateful for my furnace.
I'm grateful for slipper socks. Especially the blue and gray kind with Mickey Mouse on top. I love that the "sock" aspect allows me to wear them and my black fuzzy slippers. That's right--doubled up on the slippers, too.
I'm grateful for blankets. I love piling blankets on my bed so that I can burrow under them and sleep toasty warm with cold air surrounding me. That's actually how I sleep best. And I'm certainly grateful for sleep, but that's another post for another day.
I'm also grateful for those things--some intangible--that make me feel warm inside. Things like exchanging texts with a friend while we both watch a favorite TV show in our respective homes, making exciting plans, getting a package in the mail, or wearing a new outfit and wearing it well.
I love warmth--especially on a snowy night. To be warm on a night like this? For that I am truly grateful.
Picture from coverbrowser.com

0 comments:
Post a Comment