Thursday, January 3, 2008

2007 Top Ten

As we head in to 2008, I find its time to offer my personal 2007 Roundup. I started this little tradition two or three years ago. Its simply my personal look at my personal life, offering what I personally feel were the most important/impacting/memorable events of my past year. So...if you're still interested, read on.

1. Greg Moves to Salt Lake: I tried sticking this somewhere else, but I realized quickly that of all the entries, this has had the biggest impact on my year. Having my best friend living so close has been fantastic!

2. A Month of Aloha: I spent almost the entire month of June, and a few days of July, living in Hawaii. It was INCREDIBLE. Spending time with Arianne, laying out on the beach, visiting Pearl Harbor--it was an amazing way to start the summer. I'll never forget it.

3. I Finally Get a Stamp in My Passport: I finally traveled outside the USA. In July, Keith, Greg, and I traveled to Oxford, England to visit Mariah. It was an awesome trip! I saw the Tower of London, saw Nicholas Cage, ate at Sally Lunn's, and discovered the beauty that is Sticky Toffee Pudding. Such good times.

4. El Hombre, I presume?: Yep, I finally roped myself a man. Boyfriend? Me? Totally weird, I know. Dating El Hombre this summer was super fun. I know breaking up was the right thing to do, and we're still good friends. Couldn't have asked for anything more in this situation!

5. Barrington Circle: During my Spring Break in April, I finally moved out of the parental's house. Stepping even further into the world of adulthood has been interesting--lots of ups and downs--but I've enjoyed it. And true, my apartment/house is only 5 minutes from my parent's, but I think that makes it even better. I love the little "studio" I've created for myself.

6. When you're here, you're 'Family': I made a whole heap of new friends this year and I couldn't be more pleased! Since that first movie night in Provo, its been a fantastic "adventure" in many ways, and I can't imagine my life any different. I love you guys!

7. Pass the Praxis: I did it. I passed the bloody Praxis test (required by No Child Left Behind) with flying colors--damning the process the entire way. So stupid. So insulting. And finally, so done. The Test From Hell has been vanquished.

8. Size 7's: My obsessive gym attendance finally began to pay off when I slipped into a pair of Size 7 jeans in September. OH. MY. GOSH. I don't think I've been that small since Middle School. Whatever! I'm lovin' it and not looking back.

9. The Disney Family does Disney: We haven't been together at a Disney park since 2004, so it was high time. In honor of Mariah's 25th birthday, we headed to Anaheim for a long weekend. It was wet and cold, but it was SUCH a good time!

10. The Movie Club and E.B.: I started the Movie Club in January to get E.B. to come to my house. It worked. He came. And now, a year later, the Movie Club is still up and running (WOOT!) and E.B. is dating someone else. Go figure.

Well, there you go. Looking back, its apparent that this was a big year for me. Go figure. You never realize its importance while in the midst of it, I guess.

I can't deny that I'm super excited for 2008 and all the adventures I'm sure it holds. I've got 362 days for wicked sweet excitement. Life is good.

5 comments:

Greg D said...

I love that I'm involved in like 3 and a half of these things. Good times. Mucho love!

Erin said...

Tara, I love it! I can't believe you mentioned E.B.!

Emily said...

Tara- Hope you don't mind me snooping-- it's Emily Crane, I found you through Erin's site. You are such a great writer! If you're ever bored, take a peek at my blog emilykit.blogspot.com :)

Sean said...

I love it and I'm glad that I can be in a picture on your blog! :)

Anna said...

you're a size 7??? how amazing! That makes me jealous. That means I am currently almost twice as big as you (at least as far as numbers go). I need to get back in the gym. Ever since the quarter started its so crowded there that I avoid it. Way to be! Have any weight loss tips for me?

 
Header PS Brush by pinkonhead.com