Tuesday, January 8, 2008

A Simple Strategy

This morning I was having a text conversation with Arianne. Since she's moved to Boston, we often text in the morning before I have to work. Our conversation today was on gifts and before long we had this amusing exchange:

Ari: Someone had flowers delivered to them this morning—I want flowers delivered to me!
Me: I would love someone to bring me flowers. I’d make out with a boy if he did that—as long as he’s not too creepy of course. [I said it...sorry if I shocked you, but I doubt I did]
Ari: Amen. If men only realized how easy it is to win us over…
Me: Flowers, food and time. I don’t ask for much to keep me happy.
Ari: And compliments—how easy is that? And they get such a great return cause we are delightful. [So modesty isn't our strong suit...]

The convo went on from there, but it got me thinking.

Why do men have such a hard time with this? If you're a nice guy, I'm basically a pushover. We always hear that men don't understand women, and we're a mystery to the opposite sex. Where's the mystery?! Send me some flowers, take me to dinner and you're set. Of the 5 Love Languages, mine is most definitely "Quality Time." Spend time with me (preferably over food, of course), and I'm yours.

**I should note that exceptionally creepy guys who give me the willies need not try to apply any of these "tactics." It most likely won't work. Why? You're creepy.

4 comments:

Elisa said...

For one terrifying moment I thought the two creepy guys on the beach were gonna kiss. C-R-E-E-P-Y.

P.S. I, too, am a sucker for flowers. And general kindnesses.

*Aliese* said...

I support this argument! At the same time, I have a husband who supports it too so I have no qualms...And Tara, I can't speak for others who read your blog, but you should know that saying the phrase "MAKE OUT" will never shock me. In fact, I applaud it.

Sean said...

That is why I have been failing in receiving your love ... I need to fix that so I can get my puzzle piece back!

Unknown said...

See, I'm a physical touch person... hold my hand and give me a good cuddle and I'll be yours forever. Well, not you specifically, but some man.

 
Header PS Brush by pinkonhead.com