Sunday, December 30, 2007

I'm a fan

I watched 8 hours of Discovery Channel on Friday. For 8 hours I watched Bear Grylls host "Man vs. Wild" and by the end, I have no doubt that Man won. It was like Man--200; Wild--10. I give it 10 because at one point Bear got bitten by a snake. He got back at it though by biting off the snake's head and eating its body while it was still wriggling. He's that cool. All the same, I realize that this is an educational show; Bear teaches us how to survive in the wild. I think I have a few tricks up my sleeve now if I'm ever forced to take on The Wild, but I don't know that I'd survive. See, the only constant in all "Man vs. Wild" episodes seems to be: "Look hot and you'll survive." Bear Grylls is hot. And yes, he survives.

Parties with high school friends always seem to consist of Reminiscings, Food, and Laughter. This isn't bad at all, as long as these parties don't come up every week or even every month. Friday night was the first party of this sort I've been to in over a year so it was actually quite pleasant. It also helped that we were joined by West Jordan alumni who weren't my best friends in high school but still had something to add. I loved seeing how we've all changed so much. Sometimes these Reminisce Fests seem to force us all back into our High School selves, but not Friday. It was awesome and a definite good time.

I hung out with my sister, Abby, yesterday. I love her! She's one of my very favorite people. Ever. I was going to toss a "probably" in there until I realized there's no "probably" about it. "Definitely" is more like it. We saw Enchanted (my second time) and its still incredibly awesome. We ate at Bajios for lunch. We saw Greg's play and laughed about it the rest of the night. We did a little shopping at the mall. Abby had a $50 giftcard to American Eagle so we were "forced" to go into that store. I am just NOT an American Eagle fan. I hated almost every minute of being in the store. Abby ended up buying some jeans, a shirt and a really nice sweater and though most of it was "free"...I still feel like The Man won somehow.

Since these are thoughts from my weekend, let me just add in that on Christmas break the whole week feels like one big weekend. I've had a really hard time keeping track of the days of the week the past little while. Yesterday afternoon I asked Abby what day it was. It's Saturday...all day, unless it rains. But I guess this really long weekend lasts for a couple more days. And I'm sure much fun will be had.

Finally, this post has taken me twice the time it usually would because of that finger I sliced open with the stale licorice. It was my "pointer finger" on my right hand--vital to typing, I've found. As I've been forced to modify my typing a bit...its slow going.

And now? Back to my Lucky Charms. The Lucky Charms were a Christmas gift from my roommate. And Lucky Charms always make me think of Lindsay, one of my college roommates. She loved them so much I think she ate it at least once a day on a consistent basis, and I once gave her a box for Christmas. Now, here I am, eating my Christmas box of Lucky Charms. All part of the great Circle of Life...

0 comments:

 
Header PS Brush by pinkonhead.com