Monday, December 17, 2007

"Rodents Of Unusual Size? I don't think they exist."

We have mice. Rodents have invaded my home and freaked me out to some small degree. I'm not sure how long they've actually been having their way with the pantry. I remember hearing some scuttling and rustling in the pantry a few weeks ago--mostly because the thought that popped into my head in that instance was, "Something is afoot at the Circle K." I didn't dwell on it though, because that thought sent me off on some pleasant reminiscing about Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, which I subsequently purchased at Target for a mere $5.00. Good times.

But back to the resident rodentia. Megan discovered some of her packages of sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds had been ripped into, and scattered around her shelf. The suspicion gave way to a sure knowledge last Thursday night when one of The Invaders ran out of the pantry when I opened the door. I SAW IT. I SAW IT WITH MY OWN EYES. We had been overrun. Being a mature adult I did the only logical thing--I screamed and ran away.

Kathie and Henry set up numerous mouse traps around the kitchen on Saturday afternoon. They add an extra touch of "Trailer Park" to our cute little ghetto home. But the excitement wasn't over yet!

Saturday night, in the middle of "White Christmas" (What a classic!!), one of the traps snapped and the ensnared mouse began to scream. I know that seems odd, but "scream" is the only way to describe the sounds coming from the kitchen. Creepy...

The men in the room headed in to the kitchen a minute or so later to "take care of it"...and general bewilderment then ensued. Why? The mouse was gone. But not just the mouse, the trap was gone too. I know exactly what you're thinking--DEMON MOUSE. Well, whether its a demon mouse or just the Houdini of the rodent world, it was gone.

And so we find ourselves now on Day 5 of the Official Rodent Watch. I'd say we're at an Orange Alert level at this point. An attack could be imminent. I promise to keep the public updated as soon as more information becomes available.

2 comments:

Elisa said...

I would DIE! Or at least move.

Unknown said...

Ew, I am so sorry. I HATE rodents!

 
Header PS Brush by pinkonhead.com