"Do you have any ideas for Tara's Christmas?"
"What's on her list?"
"Nothing good. She wants High School Musical 2. She needs to grow up; I refuse to give her something so childish."

"How about a sewing machine? That's 'grown up', right?"
"Brilliant."
Okay, so probably not. But I am pleased. I have so many things that must be hemmed since I'm short and the world of fashion is devoted to the tall. Beyond hemming, we'll see what happens. Maybe I'll make a caftan!!
I was also given a remote control car (YAY!), a new bedspread and blanket, a sleeping bag, and a couple movies. I feel very blessed, and well taken care of.
And now I have the Christmas Break before me. I'm sure it will be very full of friends, family and fun. Its filling up quite fast, actually. Tomorrow I have a "playdate" with Arianne; Friday is the "Man vs. Wild" marathon on Discovery Channel; and Saturday is booked solid already. Oh my...

2 comments:
The world of fashion is most definitely NOT devoted to the tall...it's devoted to the boringly average.
You are a girl after my own heart. And I think my parents have had many similar conversations about me.
Post a Comment