Thursday, December 13, 2007

Baby, its cold outside!


Tonight I left my house to walk across the circle to mail a letter and pick up today's mail. I walked out and was immediately struck by the cold. Its a biting cold. The kind that shoots through all the layers you're wearing and sinks into your bones almost immediately. It makes me wonder how people can live in environments colder than Utah.

There are people in Utah who don't have a problem with it obviously. I was out doing some shopping tonight and hating every second I was between my car and the store. I would be gritting my teeth and wishing I could run on the slick snow (not a good idea...) and it never failed that I would run into some crazy person wearing shorts or sandals. Who are these people?!

While wandering in the cold this evening, I found myself thinking about Bear Grylls. I just read his book, The Kid Who Climbed Everest . It was a fun read but I could not BELIEVE the extremes these climbers/adventurers willingly walk into. Extreme heat and extreme cold; risk of death; lack of oxygen; risk of death; disease; risk of death; avalanches...and did I mention risk of death?!

But I digress. Its cold. I don't like the cold. I want it to get warm soon. But until that happens, enjoy this Bear Grylls quote from tonight's "Man vs. Wild":

"Its like a giant, cold, bogey."--Bear, describing the taste of a Panamanian snail.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I, too, am hating this particularly cold winter. Everytime I go outside I remind myself that I need to move to San Diego, or somewhere equally as warm on a year round basis.

Elisa said...

Reminds me of my mission...

Turns out that "Baby, it's cold outside!" is my favorite winter song (we all know it doesn't classify as a Christmas song). It's so groovy!

 
Header PS Brush by pinkonhead.com