Wednesday, December 12, 2007

"Someone's been here with the ugly stick..."

Step Aerobics. 5:30 am. Gene Fullmer Recreation Center. Me. Two steps. I'm stepping. I'm burning calories. I'm turn stepping, L-stepping, reverse-turn exiting. I'm...AUGH! I'm ugly! One glance in the mirror and I almost fall off the step.

Now, I don't think people are supposed to look that good at the gym--especially in the morning. People who do look good make me suspicious. What are they really here for? There's one lady at the gym who curls her uni-bang every morning before she comes at 5:30 am. I know because I asked her. I see women wearing earrings to the gym and/or wearing "designer" workout clothes. Why? Your goal at the gym should be to end up sweaty and gross--that means you did the work and burned the calories. I think gym goers who show up with a book, mosey along on the treadmill for 30 minutes and then head out to their car are the biggest joke. You call that a workout? Really? REALLY?! Why even pay the gym membership? Just go to the library and read--its about the same thing.

But back to being ugly. This morning I was looking worse than usual I think. Or it could be that I was stepping right by the mirrors. Whatever the reason--WOWZA. I could have stopped traffic or caused small children to cry out in fright. Bad news. But hey--I burned 458 calories in an hour. I will take ugly if it means incredible calorie burn.

1 comments:

Greg D said...

I took a book to the gym, but had a vigorous workout on the bike. I worked my brain and my buttox simultaneously, it was awesome.

 
Header PS Brush by pinkonhead.com