Monday, September 5, 2011

12 Days

There are 12 more days until wedding day. To help me keep on keepin' on through the stress and excitement, Catie helped me put together a 12 Day Blog Countdown to The Big Day.

Five Things I Learned Being Single
  1. There's something to laugh about in almost any situation. Be it a terrible line up or a month of financial irresponsibility, there will be reason to laugh. And laughing is a much better choice than whining, moping or complaining.

  2. Putting the Lord first is the only way to live your life. Doing it on your own is just...c'est pas bien. When you put the Lord first, you can be confident that things will work out for the best--even if the way they work out is not what YOU would have thought best. He knows better than you what you need.

  3. I am a fairly independent woman! I can survive and could have an awesome life without a man by my side. (Let it be noted, I find life WITH a man a wicked new version of AWESOME. But I did come to learn and understand I could do it alone.)

  4. Men like to know you're interested, but they don't like to be pursued. So all of the "treat tramp"-ing, multiple date initiating, and strategic Sacrament Meeting sitting...may very well be hurting your chances rather than helping. Much better off to regularly be friendly and outgoing in their direction, and to OCCASIONALLY make an extra effort. Guys aren't stupid--despite a somewhat popularly-held belief amongst the womenfolk. They'll respond if they're interested too. (I guess I just wish I'd learned this EARLIER in my single years...)

  5. Life is what you make of it, so make it good! No use sitting around waiting for life to show up. Go out and DO something with it! I'm so glad I tried my hand at new things (quilting, sewing, cookie experimentation, traveling, running, etc.) while single. I definitely feel like a more well-rounded person because of it. And life while single was pretty darn amazing--not gonna lie.

2 comments:

Charisse Baxter said...

I'm still working on these myself (well, not so much #4 - I did stop pursuing guys a long time ago, but there hasn't been anyone around to be even remotely interested - in a casually outgoing and friendly way - in. Maybe some day!) but I always appreciate the reminder! Excellent realizations and advice!

Emily said...

All I can say is, I "feel" with ya! You have such a talent for putting things into words.. capturing things I've often felt but can never express as eloquently as you do. I appreceiate you sharing your singles ward experiences. Good luck in the family ward- it's a different world, & that's all I can say about that.

 
Header PS Brush by pinkonhead.com