Thursday, September 8, 2011

9 Days

We're in the single digits now!

Movie that Describes Your Love Story

After pondering this one for quite a while, I have to conclude there isn't a great movie that really captures our particular love story. Well, there might be but I can't think of a film that follows two people who are friends. And then go out on a few dates and eventually start dating exclusively. And finally decide to get married after dating for several months. I'm pretty sure any screenwriter would say the story needs more DRAMA or CONFLICT. Sky and I haven't really had anything major get in the way of our relationship so...yeah. We're our own movie! Something of a heartwarming family tale, I'd say.

I still want to answer the question appropriately so here's one film I can {barely} relate our story to:

I know. I KNOW! A disaster film? Really?! But go with me on this. In the film, Jake Gyllenhaal joins the Academic quiz bowl team because he likes Emmy Rossum, and then he's rather less-than-forthcoming with his feelings for most of the film. But eventually it works out. So they're both kind of academically-minded (i.e. NERDY) peeps--"just friends"--and they find that when given the chance to try it out, they like each other! And really, that is...a sort of, somewhat, barely related but there you go, close but not nearby, description of Skyler and me.

Plus Skyler was once chased by wolves while trying to save my life. FACT.

Image from here

4 comments:

Meredith said...

Wow, that's not a stretch at all! And I want to know, did you shush Skyler before he kissed you the first time?

sara said...

I love the not-a comparison more than I can say, it is HILARIOUS! But I totally see where you are coming from on that :)

Charisse Baxter said...

Ah-HA! I will now scour the streets of London in search of your wolf-themed wedding present!

I'm so glad to have a little direction here.

miss felicity said...

you must inform me of this wolf situation.

 
Header PS Brush by pinkonhead.com