Saturday, September 10, 2011

7 Days

Something Lost with Marriage; Something Gained

Something I will lose: The freedom to spend money "willy-nilly" if I so choose. I've been budgeting for a few years now, but I've still generally had the financial freedom to do pretty much what I want. Now we'll be on a family budget that will be...a tad more stringent. (I'm also losing the freedom to cover half the bed with my laundry and other things I haven't felt like putting away for days on end. Just a thought.)

Something I will gain: The opportunity to go to bed at a normal hour--even an early hour, on occasion. This period of dating/engagement has been one continuous story of sleep deprivation because if I go to bed, Skyler will go home. And I love Skyler and don't WANT him to go home! So I stay up and just feel tired a lot. When we're married, I can just suggest we BOTH go to bed when it gets late. Hallelujah. (I'm also gaining an eternal best friend which means I'll always have somebody to hold my hand during awkward social situations. Just, you know, another thought.)

1 comments:

miss felicity said...

i once slept next to a pile of laundry bigger than me ha ha

 
Header PS Brush by pinkonhead.com