Something Unexpected About Engaged Life
I think the biggest thing I was not expecting with engaged life was the type of challenges we would face. It seemed like most people who would advise me on the difficulties of being engaged focused on struggles with the Law of Chastity--to the degree that I should be always on the ready for THAT to happen. CONSTANT VIGILANCE!!! Check.
However, what everybody failed to mention was the REAL challenge we've had to deal with--doubts and sometimes poopy feelings about this entire thing. I tell you what--Mr. Adversary can be a real BEE-YOTCH sometimes. {Sorry, Mom...} I remember a day (or a series of days?) last month when I could not seem to shake the feeling that by marrying me, Skyler was definitely ruining his life. Yeah--you followed that. I never doubted SKY, I doubted ME! It was c'est pas bien. All the way. Anyway, with a little help from the Man Upstairs, we shook that feeling eventually.
AND...because of these type o' challenges--as unexpected as they were--I can say I love this talk even more. Its fabulous. If you haven't read it, get 'er done. Elder Holland is the bomb-diggety. Fo' Shizzle.
However, what everybody failed to mention was the REAL challenge we've had to deal with--doubts and sometimes poopy feelings about this entire thing. I tell you what--Mr. Adversary can be a real BEE-YOTCH sometimes. {Sorry, Mom...} I remember a day (or a series of days?) last month when I could not seem to shake the feeling that by marrying me, Skyler was definitely ruining his life. Yeah--you followed that. I never doubted SKY, I doubted ME! It was c'est pas bien. All the way. Anyway, with a little help from the Man Upstairs, we shook that feeling eventually.
AND...because of these type o' challenges--as unexpected as they were--I can say I love this talk even more. Its fabulous. If you haven't read it, get 'er done. Elder Holland is the bomb-diggety. Fo' Shizzle.
TWO DAYS!!

2 comments:
I can totally see why the doubt thing would be a problem. Way to see it through and trust in the spirit. I'm so happy for you!!
I felt the same way for Darrin...I totally thought he needed more "living" time.
Post a Comment