Friday, September 9, 2011

8 Days

Three Things I Learned From Dating
  1. Women are complex creatures and men will probably never fully understand us. However, there are a few simple things men often overlook that would make things go much easier for them. Namely--we're not THAT hard to win over. Spend a little quality time with us and give us something we love (i.e. Food (that was mine...), Flowers, etc.). If we're fairly compatible in other ways, that's probably all its going to take for us to give things a go for more than one date.

  2. Honest communication is the most important thing in a relationship. Nobody--not men, not women--like to play games. Usually we "play games" because we're uncomfortable and we think the other person is doing the same thing. Do yourself--and the rest of the world!--a favor and just be yourself. In addition, you should feel confident in bringing up any topic/feeling you wish with your significant other. If you can't tell them what you are really thinking or even what's bothering you, this is probably not the right relationship for you. (This bit o' advice was shared by Mr. Ben C. and it made a big difference to me)

  3. The worst first dates are usually ones that drag on and on and on--well past the "expiration date" of the evening, if you will. More men would find success in the dating scene if they would keep that first date short--grab a smoothie at Jamba or have dinner at Smashburger and then TAKE HER HOME. Really. If you have a nice time, ask her out again rather than trying to fit 2-3 dates into one evening. (Seriously. Ask her out again. Even right on the doorstep. I'm just sayin', it worked for Skyler...)

5 comments:

Emily said...

I just read your last few posts & thoroughly enjoyed. I'm sure I've said it before, but I say it again... I think you're a fantastic writer!

*Aliese* said...

#3 should be written in books as law. Seriously.

Lindsey said...

This is so fun to read! I love it! Number three should definitely be law! I've been on an 8 hour first date...not awesome.

Charisse Baxter said...

It's possible that I will be ganking this and reblogging it (with all kinds of credit, natch). Very possible.

Mal Mecham said...

AMEN. (That was brilliant and I'm so thrilled you shared it with me). :)

 
Header PS Brush by pinkonhead.com