Tuesday, September 13, 2011

4 Days

My Favorite "Sky Moment" So Far

This was supposed to come on Day 10, but I knew I needed more time to think about it and decide. There have been so many great ones! My man is a GOOD man, after all, and he has regularly been AMAZING in the last several months. So how to pick a favorite?! But...I did.

My favorite "Sky moment" (Catie's phraseology, not mine. But...I like it.) came in August when we went camping overnight with my family. Camping with my fam usually involves eating, lots of fishing, then REPEAT. Sky hadn't been fishing in YEARS, but he was willing to give it a go, so we went fishing! We went fishing Friday AND Saturday. Skyler did, indeed, catch a fish. He baited hooks. He worked on casting out the line. And he even helped clean the fish--in all that bloody glory! It was a great time being together with him and the family.

Overall, it was Sky's willingness to try something I love--even if he had little to no idea of what he was doing!--that makes this my favorite moment. Its just FISHING. No big deal, right? But it was a big deal to me and it made me love him even more.
So there you go. My favorite "Sky Moment" was watching Skyler fish at Teapot Lake in the Uintah Mountains with my funny family. Watching him gut a fish was pretty awesome too.

Image from here

1 comments:

Unknown said...

He is certainly braver than me. I might be able to gut a fish, but I don't think I could bring myself to actually eat it afterwards. :)

 
Header PS Brush by pinkonhead.com