Tonight while folding my laundry I was listening to my "I Love You Because" soundtrack. I don't know the whole story behind this musical, but its just fantastic. I'll leave it at that. Anyway, a couple lines from a song called, "Marcy's Yours" really struck me:
"We all need someone who will see that we're bizarre, and love us anyway because they see who we really are."
"We all need someone who admits that we're odd, and loves us anyway because they see through our facade."
Obviously, the message in both lines is the same, but...yeah. I just really connect with the sentiment. I'm bizarre, odd, freakish, weird--use your thesaurus and find your favorite. It will probably describe me pretty well. And when it comes to love, I do need someone who will see that I'm a strange duck but love me anyway. Someone who will take the time to see through the freakish parts and get to know me. Love me because of my bizarre side...not "in spite" of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
This seems to be the story of my life.
Post a Comment