Friday, October 12, 2007

Movies you should see


I saw "Becoming Jane" at the Dollar Theater Monday night and I've been recommending it to friends and family ever since. Its just a really well done movie, all around. I don't want to give away the ending (as depressing as it is), so I'll just leave it at--"Go see it." The chemistry between Anne Hathaway and James McAvoy is electric at points...and I fell in love with James McAvoy. Just what I need--a new celebrity crush! There were at least two moments in the movie when I was just MELTING. He's HOT in this movie. Go see it :)


Another great one--"Shadowlands." I borrowed it from the local library a few weeks ago. It came out in the early '90's, but this was my first viewing. The movie revolves around the romance between C.S. Lewis and his wife. Its definitely romantic, but there's also plenty of humor. I laughed, I cried, it made me think...a great movie. Its the kind of film that leaves you feeling fulfilled--a good use of two hours of your life.


Finally, I urge everyone to go see "Transformers" one more time in the theaters. Its coming to video/DVD on Tuesday (Oct. 16th), but its the sort of movie you really need to see on the big screen for the full effect. I LOVE TRANSFORMERS. My face is in a perma-grin the whole time I'm watching. I've always loved Shia LeBeouf;toss in a Strokes T-shirt, humor, and giant human-destroying robots? I want to see that! And you should too. Best movie of the summer.



What was that? You wanted to see a picture of James McAvoy by himself? A good photo of just him? Great idea. Enjoy.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

You are ideal and I love you. And I especially love Transformers (I saw it in theaters 4 times). And above all else, I love James McAvoy. Yum!

 
Header PS Brush by pinkonhead.com