Friday, October 19, 2007

Evaluate Your Life Day

Well, its October 19th and today is "Evaluate Your Life Day" so here I go.

My life.

I have a job. It doesn't pay the best, but its salary and I get summers off and I'm only trying to support myself right now so I do okay financially. I know I'm really good at what I do (teach) and though its not EVER glamorous, I'm doing better being content with my career choice. I'm trying to strike a balance between "life" and "work" but this sometimes leads me to think I could be a better teacher since I often leave school ASAP or have students do assignments and then not turn them in. But hey! If they turned them in, I'd have to correct them and...there goes my "life"! Its a struggle.

I have friends. I do! And its great. I have a few good friends in my ward--one of whom is my ex-boyfriend and yes, that makes it a tad weird--and I have my best friends who live nearby, though not in my ward. We're going to Disneyland in a month or so and I'm totally excited! I think its going to be a BLAST. I think I could do better on a social level to get out and meet NEW people. I have a hard time with it in general, but I think it might be worth the effort. My Movie Club is still up and running, so at least once a month I have a guaranteed night with friends--woot! As for dating, since I broke up with El Hombre I haven't been out even once. Of course, before I started dating El Hombre, I didn't date much either. I guess I could try harder in that area of my "social" life.

I love my family--really. They rock my world. I love hanging out with them, and we always have a good time together. If my weekend highlight is a family party, I'm not completely bummed out. I'm especially fond of my younger brother and sisters. They crack me up and are a delight to spend time with. Love them!!

Spiritually? We can always improve, right? I feel like I'm on the right track. After General Conference I decided to start studying with the "Preach My Gospel" manual and I find it FANTASTIC. I'm seriously in love with that book! I find my personal study is so much more fulfilling when I focus it on a topic and really STUDY rather than just read. I can feel a difference in my life, and I like it. I'm trying to do better with my church callings and really do my best to magnify my responsibilities. Its good.

I'm physically feeling fantastic. As mentioned elsewhere in this blog, I visit the gym at least 5 times a week. I've maintained the exact same weight for almost a month now. I'd love to drop another 10 lbs, but I'm still pretty content where I am. I just feel good. Who cares what you look like, you know?! Its good there too.

Overall, I think my life is in a pretty good place at the moment. There are areas I need to work on, but there are also areas I'm doing well in. I think I've got a pretty nice balance all around.

So...will somebody please remind me of that fact the next time I'm depressed with no where to go on a Friday night? Thanks.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It could be worse, you could be spending your Friday night at work, like me. :)

Post-It Boy said...

I used to weigh 80 lbs heavier than I do now... but I lost it all and I've maintained it off.

Its tough to maintain! Power to ya!

 
Header PS Brush by pinkonhead.com