Tuesday, October 2, 2007

"And now I've got sand in my trousers--which is never ideal."

Last night I got home from FHE about 9 pm. Turns out this was the perfect time to get home. Whenever I'm the only person in the house, I turn on the TV for a little background noise. It makes it less scary. Anyway, I started watching CSI: Miami and then switched to the Discovery Channel. Good move on my part!!! Why? Because "Man vs. Wild" was on! My favorite show! I actually haven't seen it for a few months and I can honestly say--I've missed it.

If you've never seen it, "Man vs. Wild" sends adventurer, Bear Grylls to some remote location on Earth where he has to survive in the wild for 3 or 4 days. More importantly, he hosts the show and teaches the viewer how to survive in the wild. He isn't like "Survivorman" who is completely alone and takes his own video and does everything alone. But Bear is a MUCH better host. It helps that he's ripped and British. What can I say? Its true. There's been a lot of controversy (mostly online) about the show--people insisting Bear is a "fake" because he doesn't do everything alone like "Survivorman." But I still stand by the fact that "Man vs. Wild" is an educational show--its on Discovery Channel, after all--and its purpose is to teach the viewer to survive in the wild, which it does. And I repeat...Bear is a MUCH better host and I don't care what anyone else says on the subject. Bear Grylls is my hero...or at least, one of them.

Last night I watched the end of the Everglades episode, and the entire Scottish Highlands episode. I seriously can't say enough how much I love this show! In the course of the 1 1/2 episodes I saw, Bear slept under a freshly skinned deer hide, ate a tree frog raw and still alive, and used his own urine to create a hot water bottle. Yes...its amazing.

If you haven't watched it...you need to. That's all I'm saying. Watch it. Love it. Tell me all about it so we can gush together.

0 comments:

 
Header PS Brush by pinkonhead.com