I spent last night (Friday) alone. I watched "The American President" and ate some dinner I picked up at a local fast food eatery. I love that movie! Though on this viewing I was surprised to realize they drop the F-bomb on three separate occasions. I've honestly seen it at least 10 times and I never noticed that before. Weird.
After that movie, I pulled out some school work (correcting Starter worksheets...WOOT) and turned on "The Battle for Shaker Heights"--the Project Greenlight movie. I was pleasantly surprised! Of course, Shia's in it, so I was destined to enjoy it. But still--pretty good all around. I had really eaten way too much of the Fast Food Goodness for dinner, so I opted out of a treat during my second movie.
I also partook of some Myspace time and wandered my friend's pages--commenting here and there. I love Myspace. I haven't given in to the Facebook craze but I assume its just a matter of time. There are things I hate about facebook and things I hate about myspace, so we'll just have to see how it all turns out. ANYWAY...
I wrote in my journal. I read a talk from Elder Jeffrey R. Holland to prepare for an upcoming lesson. And I was in bed before 11:30. Overall, I can't complain too much about my night. But this is my blog, so I can complain a little bit.
I was enjoying myself, but not truly content. This is the first Friday in a long time that I've spent alone. And I think I prefer it the other way. I think I prefer going out with delightful young men and eating sumptuous food and talking about life and adventures...rather than eating fast food by myself in front of a movie. A VHS movie, even! Sheesh...
Well, something to think about anyway.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
If it's any consolation I've spent my last two Friday nights in hotel rooms eating junk food and watching movies with overweight married men. I guess we're just two peas in a pod.
Post a Comment