Thursday, November 8, 2007

Futuristic Thinking

I'm the kind of person who needs things to look forward to. I think I get this from my dad. He's always been a goal person. He wants a goal. We had a family reading program growing up (yes, it sounds nerdy, but it really rocked) and there were all these goals attached to it. If you read 10,000 pages, we got to buy fast food for dinner and have a mini-party (i.e. Taco Bell and Jurassic Park--YUM!). If the family read 50,000 pages, we went out to dinner. We set a goal at some point to read 1 million pages. When we reached that goal we went to Hawaii. And yes...we reached that goal.

So I like to look forward to things. I look forward to a tasty lunch. I look forward to a fun chat on the phone. I look forward to the weekend. I look forward to upcoming holidays. I look forward to vacations. I look forward to hanging out with friends. I just always...look forward. Or, I should say, I need something to look forward to. I've noticed lately that when I'm lacking goals or exciting upcoming events, I get into a funk. A blah.

Does this mean I look too much in the future? Do I ignore the present? I think I sometimes do. I think I sometimes look forward too much and so find myself dissatisfied with present situations. Something to think about. I don't know that I can stop looking forward to future events. Its sort of who I am.

As for my immediate future--I see Peanut Butter M&M's. Yum...

0 comments:

 
Header PS Brush by pinkonhead.com