1. The Macy's Parade: I love getting up in the morning and curling up to watch the parade on TV. I especially like the part before the parade gets to Herald Square when the Broadway performers put on bits of their shows. I'll be interested to see if that continues this year or if the current strike will stop that too.
2. Pumpkin Pie: I LOVE pumpkin pie. Its so gosh darn traditional and so delightfully good. I also love that Mom makes so much pie that we can eat it for breakfast on Friday.
3. Leftovers: I have to put leftovers before the actual dinner, and if you think that's strange, you obviously have never had leftovers at my house. Leftovers involves turkey and mashed potatoes--sure. But it also includes mint slush, onion dip, potato chips, and turkey sandwiches with cranberry sauce and homemade stuffing. Yum...
4. Cranberry Fluff Salad: This is a personal family tradition. Thanksgiving dinner always includes the cranberry fluff salad--a delightful concoction of cranberries, walnuts, whipped cream and marshmallows. Double yum.
5. Dinner: Though it might shock many of my friends to know, my love of Thanksgiving dinner goes beyond the food. I love sitting around the table with my family, passing the food counter-clockwise (ALWAYS) and stuffing ourselves silly. We also go around and talk about things we're thankful for, reminisce about past dinners/days/vacations/adventures and usually laugh at/near each other.
**I should note that I don't like doing the dishes afterward, but my sister-in-law, Kiana, always jumps up first to get them done. This has led to a new tradition/game of getting Kiana away from the sink. Difficult to do, but it has been accomplished on a few choice occasions.
6. Chillin': After dinner is done and the dishes are finally clean, we get to "chill." And I love it. I enjoy sitting around maybe playing games, maybe watching football, maybe watching a movie, maybe talking about...whatever. I just love the chillin' that happens on Thanksgiving. Love it.
7. Being Thankful: Call me corny, but I really do appreciate an entire day set aside for us to express gratitude. This year, especially, I've been thinking a lot about the people I'm grateful for. Some of these people I know really well--family and friends. Some of these people I've never met. Some had already lived and died long before I graced this earthly stage. But I'm grateful for each and every one of these fine people who have made my life great.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I think you're great. That is all.
Post a Comment