So...here we go! These honestly come in no particular order. I'm just typing them up as they come to mind. Heck--let's make it interactive! In the comments, which of these do you think was the most important and should be listed as number one?

1. Love and Heartbreak: I fell in love this year. Really and truly. Exciting, huh? That's a big deal all by itself. But as that relationship ended I also had my heart broken this year. Two in one! Check that out...
2. I Kissed a Boy and I Liked it: My first kiss. Granted, the first one was awkward (is that true for everybody?) but I quickly learned to enjoy kissing. A lot.
3. New Car: I bought a blue 2008 Toyota Corolla. I definitely see it as an upgrade from my previous 2005 Chevy Cavalier. I miss Twitty, but he seems to be enjoying his new life with my brother and sister-in-law, and I'm a huge fan of my little Blueberry. What? You don't name your cars?

4. The Temple is A-mazing: This spring I went to the temple to receive my Endowment. A wonderful experience the first time, and every time after I find myself immensely grateful for the opportunity to attend. I rely heavily on the temple for peace and perspective.
5. The Brice: My first really serious boyfriend. Some really good times and fun new experiences. I love his family, but I can honestly see that we were not compatible and so I'm sure I'm better off now.
6. Good Travels: New York City, Seattle (twice!), Forks WA, Vancouver, San Francisco, Virginia, Idaho and Las Vegas. Look at that! I was all over the place this year and I loved it. I traveled by train for the first time. I walked across the Golden Gate Bridge. And I even navigated the subway systems of NYC by myself. I love to travel!
7. Cutest Nephew E-VAH: We welcomed Spencer Hatch Osborn into the clan in January and I love this kid. He's adorable, hilarious and totally my favorite.
8. Movin' Out (and up?): I was forced suddenly from Bleak House by a rodent infestation. After a brief stay at the parental's place, I moved into a townhouse with some awesome girls from my ward. The move, though unexpected, was definitely a major blessing.

9. Running...Kick it up a notch!: I ran my first 10K this summer and loved it. I've even agreed to run a Half Marathon this coming Spring. Woot!
10. Attitude: I know this is a stretch...or its just too vague. But looking back over 2008, I can't deny a major shift in my attitude--for the better. A lot of these other events played into it. But here's the thing--I firmly believe life is good. No matter what happens, I will still be positive and find a reason to smile. Really.
Here's to an awesome 2009! I have NO idea what's going to happen...obviously.

5 comments:
Cutest Nephew...DEFINITELY #1 on the list. However, it's possible that could change in June. If not, you'll have the cutest niece ever!
I think all ten are fabulous! I could be really righteous and churchy and say the Temple should be at #1 (having now been myself, I can definitely agree with you). However, I'm gonna be myself (possibly a bit shallow) and go with falling in love and having your first broken heart should still remain in the #1 spot. That's definitely something you NEVER forget and it's a big deal. You also NEVER forget the awkwardness and excitement in a first kiss. TRUST ME! Having your dad turn the sprinklers on during your first kiss ADDS to the awkwardness. :) I'm constantly envious of your travels and am excited to see where I can vicariously travel next year through your stories and photos.
Yay for 2008! It's fun to think what could happen this next year--anything!
So opening correspondence with John Stamos doesn't make the list? I'm a little bummed out. I was Blackie on General Hospital, remember? Where has the time gone...
Honestly? As far as I'm concerned, kissing ALWAYS tops the list. True story. (Maybe if I did it more I'd gain some perspective. *shrug*)
OK, yes, and the temple and major life experiences and changing your worldview and all are important TOO.
(Nope. Still kissing. #1!)
Post a Comment