Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Happy Christmas

Christmas Eve is tomorrow and I can scarcely believe it. My Christmas season was so entirely different this year than anything I’ve ever experienced. Due to life events, I spent almost two weeks of the holiday season absorbed in my own challenges and trials. Christmas Time moved along seemingly without me, and its sad to consider many of my favorite things I have missed.

However, I cannot help but look back at this Christmas season with an amazing feeling of gratitude for the Gospel and my Savior Jesus Christ. In those two weeks when I was missing out on opportunities to sing carols, watch Christmas movies, decorate Christmas cookies and the like, I feel I experienced something a little better, and a little more in tune with what Christmas is really all about. A true gift of Christmas.

This has been a strange Christmas. There was no Christmas Movie Extravaganza, major parties, or 12 Days for me. But I have come to know my Savior better. And for that reason, I will always be grateful for this Christmas season.

Merry Christmas and God Bless.

2 comments:

Ryan & Michelle said...

Merry Christmas to you my friend & a Happy New Year. I find the New Years to be a wonderful time when we can start off new....kinda like Anne of Green Gables...Love ya like a monkey loves to eat fleas! (Which is a lot because monkeys will even eat the fleas off of other monkeys!)

Anna said...

I hope things are getting better now. We missed you at the party last Friday. We should do lunch sometime soon.

 
Header PS Brush by pinkonhead.com