Monday, December 29, 2008

What have you been up to?

I get this question a lot lately. I think its because people don't know what else to say? Or it could simply be that I've been on Winter Break since the 19th of December and people are jealous and want to know what I've been using all my free time to do. I am here to answer that question today.

What have I been up to?

I've been out and about. I've hung out with friends. I made a pie. I dipped lots and lots of candy pretzels and gave them to friends. I wrapped presents and then gave said presents to people. I went to the eye doctor. I visited Josh at work and he showed me around the VA. I read Twilight and saw the movie for the 3rd time. I went shopping with Abby and bought a superbly hot outfit you're already sad you haven't seen me in (Trust Me). I hung out at the mall with the fam--watching all the last-minute shoppers go crazy. I bowled on the Wii (Thanks Santa!).

I went to the gym a few times. I planned out the first day back to school. I shoveled snow. I watched Lori shovel even more snow. I built a snowman. I ate at Cafe Rio, Thai Delight, Red Robin, Joy Luck, and Mom's house (a lot). I danced with my nephew. I had a Girly Night with Mariah that involved Thai food, the most depressing movie EVER (Becoming Jane), and Serendipity's frozen hot chocolate. I celebrated Christmas. I helped run a last-minute Christmas fireside. I avoided wallowing in self-pity, but also wallowed a bit too. I corrected students' papers and in the process caught at least 3 plagiarizers. I took my car to the dealership and learned I'll be getting a new gas tank.

For the remainder of my break, I have big plans. I'm going to play with Arianne. I'm going to the New Years Eve production at Hale Center Theater. I'm getting an oil change. I'm getting my new Driver's License. I'm doing lunch with some friends. I'm going to sleep in. I'm going to the gym a couple times. I'm helping to host Pie Night at my place. I'm hoping to not go crazy before we get back to school--let's leave that job to the kiddies, shall we?

So..what have you been up to?

2 comments:

Anna said...

oh my word you are busy. Someday when you are not so busy we should hang out.

Charisse Baxter said...

Hey! I'm going to the New Year's show at Hale too! Which section are you in? I'll try to get my seat near you, and we can shout accr... er, nod & wink ove... er, feel all cool that we're sitting in the same section, or something!

 
Header PS Brush by pinkonhead.com