I hate flossing my teeth--always have. But at my last dental appointment, the hygienist insisted that flossing is really more important than even brushing. To this statement I gave a giant sigh of resignation and decided it was finally time to change my ways and give flossing a try. So 30 days ago I joined the Sticker Chart
bandwagon.The Goal: I would floss my teeth for 30 consecutive days.
The Plan: Each night I completed the odious task, I got a shiny star sticker on my chart. At the end of the dental experiment, I would get a prize.

Last night marked Day #30 of Flossing--30
consecutive days of flossing. I am a rockstar. And today I collected the reward for my month-long devotion to the art of dental hygiene.
My Prize: 2008 Toyota Corolla LE.

What were you expecting--a brownie?
10 comments:
I love how your stickers match the color of your car!
P.S. Where was my shout out:)
yay for cars! and a 2008 -- nice!
Sweet! I can't wait to see what the prize is next month!
Sensible, yet sexy. How do you do it?
Those are the kind of goals I am talking about sister! You go!
I've been flossing my teeth for the entire YEAR! I am obviously using wrong sticker chart.
*sigh*
And, congrats!
My dentist said the same thing to me last appointment- and so although in the past I have only been a flosser the week before my dentist appointment, I decided to finally change my ways- and I have been flossing since August- but where do you find your flossing prizes? My dentist gets his at the dollar store. Are they selling cars there now? Or is it just since they are talking about the auto bailout?
Thanks for the tips about the "Walking tour"!! It was fun seeing you over the weekend.. we'll have to find a good night for pie night so we can have another excuse to eat and socialize :)!
And, p.s. maybe if I make my bed for 30 days I can go on that trip to Hawaii I've been praying for ;)
Go big or go home, that's the best prize ever!
If there was some kind of award for blogging excellence, I'd nominate you. I must admit, it's rare talent that can make a story about flossing so intriguing. I'll have to put off the boring book reviews and pop over here more often.
Post a Comment