Monday, January 5, 2009

Back to the Grind

Winter break is over. I give a giant sigh of resignation and get out of bed. I feel like poo. The night held all of five hours of sleep (if that) since I'm not used to falling asleep before midnight and the beginnings of a sinus infection seem to have taken hold around 4 am. I get up and ready and force down a bowl of shredded wheat before my stomach can think too much about tossing it back up at me.

I arrive at school just before 7:00 am, giving myself an hour to actually prep for the day. Unbelievably, there is already a line in the copy room but I do get copies done before school starts. I get the boards ready. I get papers out for the kids to pick up. I get READY.

And then it begins. 8:00 am. Here we go.

I am pleased to discover a few things:
1. I remember everyone's name and even where they sit.
2. My lesson plan I put together a week and a half ago is actually working and I remember what I'm supposed to say.
3. I don't want to die in the first hour.
4. I don't feel any sort of hatred toward the students.
5. I didn't lose my voice entirely.

Let's see if this lasts. Four more days 'til the weekend.

3 comments:

*Aliese* said...

I echo these sentiments 110%.

Arianne said...

Going back to real life after a vacation is always fun. I hope you feel better!

Steve Weller said...

And yet, they stick 8 more kids in my already loudest hour. Not cool. I'm glad tomorrow is friday.

 
Header PS Brush by pinkonhead.com