Tonight I got a mysterious text message from a number I didn't know. The sender indicated he had found my name and number on a piece of paper in the back of his car, but didn't know who I was. Odd, to say the least. I was feeling game, though, and we text messaged back and forth for a while about not much.
He asked when I graduated. I countered with "High school or college?" He requested both and when I provided the years he responded with a "Ha" and information about his own high school graduation 3 1/2 years ago and his current college status. Considering I graduated from college 4 years ago...things weren't looking up.
And then, out of no where, I got an inkling of an idea. He goes to SLCC. His name, Jace, sounded familiar. BAM! Institute. He had my number from last semester's class--he was the class pres. and was supposed to call to remind me about some assignment*. In the midst of our fun bantering I texted him that I had figured out how we knew each other. He concurred that must be it. Mystery solved.
Interesting to note that the fun and games were over once we figured out who the other person was. It was awkward. And the text messaging ended quite abruptly.
Just goes to show--men love a woman of mystery.
*Note: He never called. But I remembered. I'm just that good.
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That's so funny and random. You are going to be one of those people that find a cell phone in a coffee shop and the guy who left it calls and you answer and then you hook up and then you get married and blah blah blah. Yes, I watch too much Friends, but still, that is just the thing that would happen to you.
I agree with Becky...You should hang out in coffee shops more often for that reason alone! I do love a random text from someone I don't recall and vice versa...Except that one time I was actually texting the wrong person; that was very bad. I had to plead for forgiveness and hope they didn't turn me in to the cops or something.
Post a Comment