Went to The Applebees the other night with friends. During the week, appetizers are half off after nine o'clock. If you didn't know that, now you do, and now you can go get cheap-o food much later than you should ever eat, but there you go. I ate almost the entire order of dip myself...because its good.
2. Hale Center Theater/Pioneer Theater/Theater in general

I've got my season tickets to my theaters of choice for the year. Woohoo! I saw Big the Musical at HCT three times (long story--not very interesting--it is what it is) and loved it more every time. Greg and I saw My Fair Lady up at Pioneer last week and laughed ourselves silly. Good times all around. Gotta love live theater. I do.
3. Organ Loft
Oh my goodness, how I love the Organ Loft! Silent films accompanied live by "The Mighty Wurlitzer Organ"--awesome. We saw a Buster Keaton flick a few weeks ago which is a guaranteed good time. And really, at $5 a show, its one of the best deals in town. Can't wait to go again. This season they're showing Nosferatu which I hear is splendid.
4. Ghiradelli chocolate chips
Do I need an explanation here? Not so much. But I've had the remnants of a bag sitting in the door of the freezer for a couple months and a couple tasty morsels are the perfect neutralization to any meal. Yum yum yum!
5. "My Strongest Suit" from Aida
I love this song. The first time I heard it, Greg had used it as the soundtrack to an iMovie he put together. I am seriously IN LOVE with it. On a number of occasions in the past month I've had a solo dance party at my desk to this lovely number. And as I lack the basic knowledge of how to upload videos (and don't really care that much right now...), you'll have to visit this link for a hilarious use of the song--starring one of my favorite Disney characters! If I may suggest, though, just turn the video on one tab and do something else on another. Enjoy the music (and dance!) the first time 'round. You'll be glad you did.
6. Reimbursement checks
There's something so awesome about getting money. Especially when its getting back your own money that you spent a while back and sort of forgot about. The check, then, is like a little gift! Even if its not...
7. New friends
There was definitely a time in my life when I was happy with the friends I had, and saw no reason to try and make new ones. Yes, there was a time when I was kind of a self-centered jerk, to put it mildly. I'm surprised I had friends! But I might have finally matured a bit, and I love making new friends--especially if they're wicked awesome. This shout out goes especially to Charisse, Ryan, Jon, and Julie. New, and delightful, friends. And you know? I'm willing to make more.
8. Text messaging
I did an entire post on this recently. So I don't think there's need to elaborate any further.
9. Grey's Anatomy

I am well aware this Thursday night show is a soap opera. And it can even be slightly "dirty" at times. But I love it. I love getting so animated watching a television show, and being able to share my excitement with other friends/fans of Grey's. Last night's season premier was the bomb.com and I'm super excited for the rest of the season! Did anyone REALLY think the scene at the beginning was real, though? I mean...honestly.
10. Autumn
Autumn is sort of, slightly, in the air at times in Salt Lake as of late. It comes and goes thanks to global warming, I'm sure. But all the same! It is indeed the end of September, the temperatures are slowly beginning to drop to my favorite weather of the year--MILD!! I can't wait for Hoodie/Flip flop weather to hit us in full swing. My favorite outfit EVER.

2 comments:
Oh, you should try Iggy's Spinach Artichoke Dip! Yummy. I love that stuff from every place I've ever eaten it--including my own home. I must also agree with the hoodie/flip flop weather. Definitely a fave. That's the nice part about the SG--hoodie/flip flop weather lasts a good, long time.
Oh, Tara my friend...I needed a smile today and you are always great for one, which is why I think you would be on my list of things I love today!
Post a Comment