Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Midterms are Tomorrow!

I'll have you know, I've been doing a great job at school this year. I'm really sort of amazing. I'm working with students, responding to parent Emails promptly, meeting with my committees, volunteering to help out other teachers, and doing my very best to be the Teacher of the Year. I've filed papers, created worksheets, planned out units through the beginning of November (so far), recorded grades, and even started a Classroom Blog. Its brilliant, I tell you, Brilliant!!

And then a day like today hits. Despite my best efforts in self-motivation, I was lazy. I just had no desire to do much of anything. It was, indeed, a Blah day. I'm pretty sure my students thought so too. No 8th grader is going to be pleased with reading a section of the textbook and taking notes; I doubt my 8th graders were pleased but at least they did it without too much complaint. Bless their little hearts!

I wish I could always be Super Teacher ("Saving the world from Educational Boredom, one class at a time!"), but I don't think its going to happen. Sometimes you just get tired! All I can realistically hope for is more good days than bad. And really, today wasn't bad at all. It was just lazy. And being lazy only makes me more tired. Why is that?!

Whatever the reason, its obviously a vicious, vicious cycle...Zzzzz...

2 comments:

Greg D said...

*double sigh*

Arianne said...

You know it's going to be a long week when on Monday morning the reason that gets you out of bed is five more days till Saturday...having to work is so unfortunate. I say as long as you're at school and doing something you're productive.

 
Header PS Brush by pinkonhead.com