I love summer vacation. I love that I have all sorts of time to do whatever I want. Tuesday I decided to head into the city and...look around. I didn't have any other plans, and I figured this way I would at least be up and moving. So I took the train into town and wandered all over the downtown area. I walked through the Avenues, traipsed through Temple Square, and even ventured toward Pioneer Park. And I had SUCH a good time! I love Salt Lake. If you haven't visited before, you should come! Its a great place. I'd be happy to show you around, in fact...as long as you're not creepy or weird.
I've lived in this area my entire life, and yet I saw all sorts of things I've never seen before. I tried to see as many churches and historical spots as possible, and I ate some tasty food along the way. I even saw a truck full of money (no joke!) and a man getting arrested; believe it or not, those two didn't go together. Toffer joined me later in the afternoon and we had a delightful dinner on Main Street. Check out the slideshow below to get an idea of a few of the things I saw.
I just love wandering around by myself...people watching and taking pictures of whatever. I highly recommend it to anyone. There's a historic walking tour available around the city if that's your sort of thing. Or do what I do and just...Go.
Happy Summer!
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Looks like you had fun--that's great. Wandering is definitely fun--you should come wander around Boston. So much to see.
In fourth grade, we totally did a walking tour of SLC for a field trip. We went to all sorts of churches and learned about the OTHER immigrants besides the Mormons who came and established churches...If I remember right, my favorite was a greek orthodox one...It was all bright blue inside; even the carpet! I was totally wondering why our churches had ouchy and wirey wallpaper-carpet on the walls and yucky mustard or green airline carpet on the floors and these ones were gorgeous! I didn't quite factor temples into the equation.
Post a Comment