I’m going to New York on Monday. AUGH! I know! The Big Apple! The Greatest City in the World! YAY! And I am honestly just so excited about it. I’ve been looking through guide books to get some good suggestions on places to dine, and good itineraries for a one or two day trip (even though I’ll be there for 6 days). So awesome! My current Major Excitement is coming from the fact that Mariah and I are going to venture into the East Village towards “Rent”territory---Tompkins Square Park, Alphabet City, etc. We’ll be total Rentheads together, singing and dancing, I’m sure. Maybe we’ll even buy crack off somebody! Also in the East Village, we’re going to visit a restaurant called S’mac. All Mac ‘n Cheese, All the Time! YAY! How excited am I? VERY excited.
And this excitement is also amusing to me because I’ve given very little thought to week 2 of this vacation—Charlottesville, VA. I’m headed to the University of Virginia for a Gilder Lehrman history conference. Topic: The International Impact of the Declaration of Independence. Really, I’m pumped for that, but its nowhere near my excitement level for New York. And maybe that should be reversed because without the Virginia conference—and the $400 they’re paying me to come to it—I couldn’t afford New York and I wouldn’t be going. Huh.
ANYWAY! Other things to look forward to:
1. Ellis Island
2. A Broadway Show (Whatever I can get at the TKTS booth…)
3. Mariah! Mariah! Mariah!
4. Peanut Butter & Co.
5. My first train ride
6. A Chaco tan line? Most likely!
7. Dirty water hotdogs
8. Walking across the Brooklyn Bridge
9. Monticello (There you go. The token Virginia landmark!)
*Sigh* I love summer vacation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I cannot believe there is a restaurant dedicated to mac and cheese. Okay, take that back, I CAN believe it and I CANNOT believe that I am not going with you. Looks amazing! But how will you choose just one? And FYI I have heard that Charlottesville won all these awards for being the best city to live in so maybe you should just walk around taking pictures and marveling in the loveliness. Have fun.
I think I am now mentioning for the trillioneth time that I am super jealous! Even more jealous come to find that you are going to dine at an all Mac N' Cheese place! I too think I would love summer vacations- but only if I were a school teacher.
Post a Comment