Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Your people call my people...

I was working on a post recently that will most likely never actually receive the glory of appearing here. Oh well--some things just go the way of all the earth like that. Welcome to life...even for Blogs, "Life sucks and then you die." But back to People. One of the topics tackled in the aforementioned "non-posted Post" was people (not related to me) who've had a positive impact on my life. Its a worthy topic and one I've considered posting on for a while but I could never come up with a way to get in to it. But here goes nothing! An apology beforehand if you were expecting to see your name on this list and didn't. I still think you rock...whoever you are.

Walt Disney: (What? I never said I had to know them personally.) Mariah and I discussed Mr. Disney's impact on our lives a few years ago--the discussion was rather passionate and almost fiery. Fierce. That particular conversation focused on the fact that she and I met at Disney World. Despite living only 40 minutes away from each other for the majority of our lives, it took an internship across the country to bring us together. Thanks Walt Disney!

El Hombre: Longtime readers of this Blog would remember the character of El Hombre from last summer/fall. We dated for just a few weeks. My initial thought was "negative impact" but I realize now that's not entirely true. Negative? I was a basketcase for about 6 weeks at the end of last summer. I was juggling El Hombre, and trying to figure out where I really stood with him and whether I liked him as much as he liked me, and at the same time still liking someone else, and...oy vey. Not good. STRESS. But now I'm rather grateful to El Hombre. His impact
in my life was to act as a warning--don't ever involve myself in a relationship like that again! And its been great to compare new dating relationships to it...and see just how normal things are now. So I salute you, El Hombre!

The Brice: Positively Positive. "No, but I've heard about it". Gracias, my sassy friend.

Mr. Rogers: I used to watch Mr. Roger's Neighborhood every day. And I learned a lot. I learned the proper way to zip a cardigan is taking it all the way up, and then zipping it down half-way again. I learned that having a remote control trolley in your wall is awesome. I learned something about the importance of feeding pet fish every day. Most important? Mr. Rogers taught me I could never go down the drain--vital knowledge for a 5-year old. Thanks Mr. Rogers!

Merrill Osmond: My Blog about Mr. Osmond garnered uber amounts of attention, and all those comments made me feel really popular. I realize I owe Merrill a big "Thank You!" for bringing so much attention to my little piece of the World Wide Interweb--even though he didn't have much to do with it. So thanks Merrill--I owe you one. And it was his birthday yesterday. Happy Birthday, Merrill O!

The Disney Fam: Love them. Love everything about them. They make me happy. They make me feel good about being me. And they understand the need to laugh until you cry, cry until you laugh, and regular visits to the Happiest Place on Earth. I could gush on and on, but I won't. You guys rock my world.

Miscellaneous Friends Who Really All Deserve Their Own Paragraph: Andrea, who helps me keep my sanity at work. Abby, who is always ready and willing to talk. Arianne, who makes me laugh and offers brilliant advice on a regular basis. Elisa, who always inspires me with her enthusiasm and zest for life, and took me to Canada. Toffer, Josh, Erin, Megan, Becky, Derek, Sara...the list goes on here, so let's just sum it up with...

And many, many, many more: Life is good...thanks to so many awesome people who made it that way!



3 comments:

*Aliese* said...

I'm enjoying this new optimism of Tara...Very refreshing!

Arianne said...

Forget my own paragraph--I want a whole post dedicated to my greatness. That's right.

Becky Knowles said...

I just feel blessed to be on the list....at least I hope I'm the Becky you speak of. Although, if I wasn't I would TOTALLY understand as it has been AGES since I have seen you! LOVE YOU TARA!!!

 
Header PS Brush by pinkonhead.com