Monday, April 21, 2008

It took 25 years and then some...

Its been suggested that perhaps I've been too busy kissing to keep my Blog updated. Whatever the reason, I admit I haven't been finding time to post regularly. So in order to respond to the demands of loyal readers, I Blog this morning to catch people up on the craziness that is my life. Are you ready for this?

Let me start by saying that its sort of embarrassing to admit it took me until the age of 25 to achieve this. I was in the club for a very long time, and in many ways I wore it as a badge of honor. People would ask, and when I responded in the negative they always seemed a bit taken aback—some would even gasp. But now…it’s done! I’m out of the club! I have finally seen Star Wars! Yes, the entire thing. I have seen A New Hope, and The Empire Strikes Back, and even Return of the Jedi. I think I liked Empire the most, but I’m still trying to decide. But really? Great movies. Loved them. WOOT!

Beyond my new understanding of the Star Wars craze, I’ve also learned some new things about myself. For example, I’m allergic to cats. We didn’t have any sort of furry pets growing up and I don’t have a lot of friends with animals. But this weekend, Mieka’s presence made my right eyeball swell up and itch like CRAZY. And now I know.

Saturday was an exercise in endurance for me. The Salt Lake Marathon. OH. MY. GOSH. 26.2 miles of running…that you will most likely NEVER see me doing. No, I’m happy handing out Gatorade and water at Mile Post 14, Water Station #7. I was the girl in the yellow T-shirt yelling, “Gatorade! Gatorade! Gatorade!” until it didn’t even seem like a word anymore. I love it! This is the second year in a row working the Marathon and its fantastic. I’ll do most anything for a free t-shirt, but this is one of my favorite things to do for a free t-shirt. But back to the endurance idea, the problem is I had to get up at 4:00 am. That’s in the morning? Before the sun’s up? Crazy. And my day didn’t stop until around midnight. The word of the day was really EXHAUSTION. But I had fun too and experienced some new things—namely, Hires Big H and Buffy the Vampire Slayer. My judgment? Both good.

I counted this morning and I have 32 days of school/work left. 32 days is NOTHING. I can do 32 days! And its close enough to summer break that I’m beginning to construct my “This summer, I want to…” list. For example?

This summer I want to…
  • Go to a Salt Lake Bees game and eat a hot dog
  • Visit the zoo
  • Roadtrip
  • Watch a sunset
  • Hike Ensign Peak
  • Go fishing at Pass Lake
  • Visit a National Park
  • Run a 5K
  • Have a bonfire
  • Travel somewhere new
Totally random but should be noted:
Abby got her appendix taken out and she’s still fantastic! So I guess you don’t really need the appendix to have a great personality. I always wondered…

Dmitri Martin is HILARIOUS. I really enjoyed this video (and then link to the next 5 segments…) and I’ve been quoting it ever since. "Sassy..."

I ate two donuts, a hamburger/French fries/Root beer Freeze, nachos, chocolate pie/brownies on Saturday, and didn’t exercise. I ate two breakfasts, and a huge late lunch with dessert and also didn’t exercise yesterday. And this morning at the gym I had dropped another pound. Weird…

I had to pay a $20.00 parking ticket to SLCC because I went to Institute and didn’t know I needed a parking pass. Boo. I guess its my own fault for missing class two weeks in a row. When they announced it I wasn’t there. Talk about consequences of bad choices! Sheesh.

So life is crazy! But good! And I’m definitely not complaining! And every sentence in this paragraph is beginning with a conjunction and ending with an exclamation point! Because life is fun and this is my Blog and I can do that! So there!

Happy Monday, everyone.

8 comments:

Arianne said...

You lost a pound because kissing burns caleries.

*Aliese* said...

I always appreciate a good conjunction...And exclamation points!

Anna said...

what is all this talk of kissing, Tara are you dating someone? I'm confused. Send me a message on facebook. That sounded demanding. Please send me a message on facebook because I would so love to hear what is new in your life. There. Done. (Oh and good post)

Charisse Baxter said...

I'm in awe... and I think I'm also allergic to marathons. (And exercise in general, but I can't prove it... yet...) Good for you - on the marathon, making to a mere 32 days left of school, having two breakfasts ("Does he know about second breakfast?") and, oh, there was one other thing... what was that? Huh.

Right. KISSING. Sweet! (Um, blog please?)

Erin said...

Just curious, does Brice know about your blog? I guess the girls will know now without having to ask:)

RSP said...

First of all, I can believe you have never seen the trilogy until now. I myself, am still in the club. But how did you grow up in Utah and neve hit the Hires? Girl, something is messed up there. I love Buffy, too. The movie though, not the show. And just FYI, I jad my appendix taken out when they went after my gallbladder. I hope I am consistent with your findings, but I will let you judge for yourself.

RSP said...

And also....yay for kissing. Good for you.

Unknown said...

1. Wow! I think that you're the only person I know who had never seen Star Wars!

2. I'm very impressed with your marathon running!

3. I wish that every day I could eat like you did on Saturday!

 
Header PS Brush by pinkonhead.com