Best part of the trip--besides the delightful company, of course--was the warm temperatures. Leaving Salt Lake, where we haven't had 3 warm days in a row all year, to the delight of 80 degree temps in Nevada was BLESSED. We could walk down the road at 10:00 pm in short sleeves--no jacket necessary. I LOVE WARM WEATHER!! And now I'm more eager than ever for the summertime to actually get here. Bring on the sun!
Since Mesquite isn't exactly "hoppin'" (I mean...honestly), we headed to Vegas on Saturday afternoon. We just walked the Strip, and wandered a couple casinos. Walking the Strip was interesting. I'm intrigued by people who take a job requiring them to wear a shirt advertising call girls. Who does that?! And why did these same people keep trying to hand my boyfriend fliers for said call girls?! He obviously already has one girl, and with that girl standing right there? Yeah, it seems a bit weird. We had an overpriced--but tasty!--lunch at The Bellagio (what a gorgeous place!) and saw the water show twice*. The entire afternoon I kept thinking of Oceans 11...Awesome.
Sunday morning I achieved greatness--not gonna lie. Due to some miscommunication, I had to get ready for church in 20 minutes. AND I DID! Shower, hair, makeup, clothes--the works--in 20 minutes! I'm so impressed with myself its disgusting. But it was really fun to go to church in St. George (with The Brice and his parents), because though the meeting was sort of dull, we got to walk around the St. George Temple after. Its really pretty and I'd never visited that particular temple before. Good times all around.
Other highlights of the weekend:
- Evanescence
- Warm weather
- 4-wheeling around the farm
- Warm weather
- The Brice
- Vegas street preachers
- And did I mention, warm weather?!
*The second time, the music was this gorgeous piece. I'm in love with it.

4 comments:
Hooray! And you came back to warm weather...lucky you. I think i could use a weekend away... *sigh*
Ooh, Vegas is fun. I'm glad you went.
Glad you enjoyed my neck of the woods! It sure is fantastic down here! And hey, next time--if you have more time--I can probably get you a full-on tour of the St. George Temple; it's pretty sweet. Going up in the tower was pretty sweet, amongst other things.
Sounds like a lovely weekend. My next weekend away isn't until June. That'll be mine and Steve's first trip together (dun dun dun!), so we'll see how it goes.
Post a Comment