Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Remember to Breathe

I learned a new word yesterday--"ninnyhammer." Its a synonym for Basket Case. And yesterday? I was feeling like a ninnyhammer. I couldn't stop thinking about things I had no control over. I wanted things to happen that I had no control over. I created rules for myself and then wanted--with every fiber of my being but one!--to break them. I was going CRAZY. Or something like unto crazy. I was going NINNYHAMMERISH. It was one of those times when I sort of hate being myself? I don't like feeling like a ninnyhammer. And it seemed I had no control over it. Oy vey...

So...I went to the gym. I got out of work a little later than planned and I didn't think I'd be able to get to the gym, shower, and be in Taylorsville for Institute by 6:00. I actually changed lanes on Bangerter at one point to head home instead of the gym. But I realized that in my NinnyHammer state, I would not survive at home for the next hour before heading to Taylorsville. I WOULD DIE. Or at least give in and break my self-made rules, so the gym was the destination.

And the gym, it turns out, was a GREAT idea. I ran hard and fast for 30 minutes--throwing all my excess energy into exercise and sweating like a pig. Delightful. That calmed me right down. Institute helped. Dinner helped. A quick texting conversation with a friend helped. Most of all? It helped to remember the need for a little Faith--if its meant to be, its going to work out. BREATHE.

So today? I breathe. In and out. In and out...

0 comments:

 
Header PS Brush by pinkonhead.com