Where I'm from...
I am from Fiber One Cereal
From DVDs and books.
I am from the bright yellow playroom
(every room re-done in time).
I am from the banana squash plants,
and the pines of the Uintah's
whose long gone limbs I remember
as if they were my own.
I'm from camping and disjointed knees,
from Joseph and Janilyn.
I'm from eating too much, and exercising,
and from readathons on hot summer days.
I'm from Brush your teeth and Fold your arms
and "Buckle buckle beanstalk!"
I'm from Sunday dinners around the table.
I'm from Salt Lake and Mormon-dom,
Mom's fried tacos and chocolate chip cookies.
From the family reading program,
one million pages and counting.
Hundreds of candid photos
Boxed up chronologically in a closet somewhere,
I'm from those and moments in between.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Did you randomly decide to write that poem? Well done sis. It sounds a lot like me too.
I'm impressed.
i like
Post a Comment