Thursday, May 8, 2008

Thursday

I got a jury summons in the mail yesterday. I'm probably one of the few people in America who gets the little blue letter and says, "YES!" I enjoy serving on the jury--its just so interesting! However, I'll most likely have to request an excusal on this one. The time period to be on call is the entire month of July...and there's a good chance I'll be out of the state for most of July. Alas! If I could guarantee I'd be in the state during the requested month? I'd be all over that.

Yesterday I went out with Andrea, Jamie, and Erin to celebrate our Teacherhood. Its National Teacher Appreciation Week, and we like to celebrate ourselves as much as possible. (Really, I just like to celebrate anything!) We went to dinner at a great Chinese place in Sandy--Joy Luck. I thought the food was great--especially the ham fried rice. Yum! I got the Braised Bean Curd and it was tasty, tasty. Growing up, I always had a fearful curiosity of tofu; as an adult, I've discovered its one of my favorite ingredients in Asian cuisine...when cooked well, at least.

My love affair with the gym continues, but I'm afraid I'm getting a tad disillusioned with the alarm clock going off at 4:56 am every morning. I really do enjoy running, cycling, elipticalling (not a word, I'm sure...) and lifting weights. And I'm well aware that 5:30 am is the best time for me to make it all happen during the school year. But I think I'm nearing a critical point of burnout. Actually, I might have hit the burnout stage last week? But I'm so blasted stubborn, I'm back at it this week. What really needs to change is my diet--I've got to stop eating anything and everything I see. I'm back to Portion Control, Massive Water Intake, and Cut Down on the Sweets. Its really not hard to do, I just have to do it.

I love snopes.com. My Aunt Judy was the first person to bring this great website to my attention. Its a site that keeps track of urban legends, chain emails, and virus alerts, among other things. Whenever I get a Forward that seems a bit "off," perhaps, I check at Snopes.com. On rare occasions the Email is true, but more often than not its false. I usually send the link back to the person who sent me the Email, and then delete it instead of sending it along. Its my small way of cleaning up the Internet. Thanks Snopes.com!

Goals for the work day:
  • Finish correcting 7th grader's Topaz Brochures
  • Create 7th Grade Final Exam
  • Drink 3 bottles of water
  • Update all grades
  • Don't waste time!



3 comments:

*Aliese* said...

I totally thought about you last night...It was random...Darrin's dad has been diagnosed with Bells Palsy and I remember sittin' in Westerman's class (with you and Julie) when he told us about his Bells Palsy...Anyway, just thought I'd share. Don't you love Teacher Appreciation Week? I get presents again! It's like Christmas, but not.

Meredith said...

Hi Sis! I tagged you! Check my blog for details!

Unknown said...

Yeah, I'm obviously one of those people who doesn't check snopes.com as often as I should! LOL

I am the same way with diet/exercise! My problem is as soon as I start loosing weight I think, "I'm exercising, and therefore burning more calories, so I can afford to eat more." Where's the logic in that? There is none.

 
Header PS Brush by pinkonhead.com